My crash caught on video

road_rascal

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Many
I would have posted this months ago but I was waiting for the insurance companies to go through arbitration. I recently found out from my insurance company that I was found not at fault and will be getting my insurance deductible back. So basically having a dashcam proved that the other driver was at fault.

So what happened was that 2 lanes on an interstate was closed due to construction, and this lady decided to try and block traffic from passing in the other open lane (which is illegal). After she swerved into my car I pulled over, called 911 and waited for either the police or the State Patrol. A Trooper showed up after 5 minutes (his car was in the median when I first went by) and I gave him my story of what happened and then he went to talk to the other driver. I did not get out of my car to talk to the lady.

The Trooper came back (after he talked to the other driver first), gave me the initial accident report, and stated that the other driver said I intentionally hit her truck and that she was not from the area and did not know to deal with construction traffic (the Trooper and myself though that was B.S.). I then told the Trooper that I had a dashcam that recorded the event and asked if he wanted to see it. He was really surprised that I had a dashcam and wanted to review the video (he said he never encountered an accident in which someone had video). He came by my house the next day and I gave him a CD with the raw video files and the one I posted. He then said that he would show his boss and the City Attorney of Newport the video. When the final crash report was issued it showed that the other driver was ticketed for 'failing to maintain a single lane' and caused the crash. I recently upgraded the DVR-207 to a FineVu Pro HD. The 207 is currently being used in my van.

Sorry to hear about this minor accident ( still nasty to have them ), but your both dashcams are already paid off ;)
Another great example to have even cheap dashcam in your car !

That white car was driven like it was a rental car driven by a Chilean farmer and it was the first time he drove somthing that was not pulled by a donky.

When you are done with the 207 in the van, it deserve a place on your wall ;) " The first time technology saved me from loosing my hard earned mony to incompetence"

Good video that... Helps prove the point!

If you look inside the White SUV you can see lots of heads moving as if they weren't concentrating on the driving!!

Another reason to have a dashcam. Sorry to hear about your accident but glad to hear it turned out OK.

As I was watching u'r vid & not having read any of u'r post, I thought, "This has to be a woman driver".....BINGO!

Video no longer exists. Probably should just delete this thread then?

Yeah- I closed down my youtube channel. I'm not going to be uploading any more videos unless I catch something really good. How do I close this thread?

Back