My Dashcam Moments

SimulatorSam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 512GW
Thought I'd open this thread as I recently bought a dashcam for my car. :p

The dashcam in the video is a Nextbase 512GW Ultra.
The video quality improves as the video goes on as I figure out the best place to position the camera, remember to adjust the polarising filter and actually cleaning the car. :oops: ;)

Some really nice footage there, I even recognised a few bits, I used to live in Colchester, nextbase can give some excellent results just been watching some of my old stuff today from when I used them, doesn't it feel better just having a cam ?, I used to put mine away in glovebox each night but then forgot a few nights never bothered after that, certainly a very good value brand imo.
Drive safe
welcome to DCT

It certainly feels nice to have an extra pair of eyes on the road. :) Hang on... :p

I bought the case for my camera and so I just take it off the mount and put it in there while I'm not in the car.

One thing I've never understood about nextbase... why the hell do settings exist for absolutely awful quality?! You can see in the footage when you have it set to its best recording quality that it is really really crisp and clear... so why do they even have such settings for what basically looks like 640x480?!

I came across a few of the older NB cams that I'd picked up to re-sell on ebay a while back where I managed to make a bit of extra pocket money, and I'd given them all a road test so I could upload sample clips for buyers to view, and when going through the settings some of the clips were horrific quality, like, bad enough that no sane person would ever use it to record anything! If you have a choice between 1080p60 and 640x480, you'd NEVER think... today I'll use 640x480

I'm not sure about the older Nextbase models but mine has the options of 1440p, 1080p@60fps, 1080p & 720p. However whichever video resolution you choose, it will always save a 800x480 low resolution video intended for the Wi-Fi feature. (I just download the high resolution ones though Wi-Fi anyway...)

Sorry for all the silence in this one, some passengers prefer not to be recorded. ;) I also made an intro for videos :)

Some clips I wasn't sure what you were trying to point out. Like the box truck after the Tesla model X. It was funny seeing that shiny new model X pulling such an ugly trailer though! :)

Not all of the clips are meant to be of bad drivers or anything, just interesting moments. :) The part you're talking about is a really horrible bumpy road.

Stubborn cat... :mad:

Must've been on the catnip! I've never seen a cat be that carefree near cars.

The "in reality" scene at the end of the second video is so true, LOL.

Back