My DVR-207 experiences

Ramshackle said:
Sure, you can set fps, resolution, duration of each clip.

You can see all this in the unit's instruction manual I posted here
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=785

what setting have you selected for recording time?

also have you got motion detect turned off?

Last edited by a moderator:
5 minutes for recording time, 30 fps, 720p, no motion detection

Ramshackle said:
5 minutes for recording time, 30 fps, 720p, no motion detection

does it have a reset option and/or a hardware reset option, might be better to reset to defaults and try again, your settings are correct but if it's not working as expected a reset might put things right, or it could just be faulty hardware

Nah, I've got it working again as I explained above. Who knows why it did not overwrite old files, the point is it's working again and if it happens again, I'll post about it.

Do you do an in camera format of your SD card on a weekly or semi weekly basis? If not it's a good thing to do.

No, and I cannot see why it would be required.

Ramshackle said:

it's not a requirement strictly speaking but file errors can cause it to trip up and do things like not recycle, it's just a preventative maintenance thing to help prevent errors

Ramshackle said:

The man from Oz, maybe this will provide some insight - taken directly from Blackvue's website: http://www.blackvue.ca/Support.html
LIke Jokiin said it's preventative maintenance really.

My unit is having problems recording to or detecting the MicroSD card?
You may have disconnected your microSD card in an improper manner that has caused
it to become corrupt or it has developed bad sectors due to prolonged write/re-write cycles.

We recommend formatting your microSD card at least once a month.
This will maintain the longevity of your microSD card and minimize similar issues in the future.
Please ensure that you have backed up all video files that you wish to keep prior to formatting

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tested DVR-207GS for a week and what I can say it is that they have gained video sharpness compared to the DVR-027 but with that digital video sharpness gain there are noticeable noise.

Olli said:
I asked the seller about camera unexpectedly shutdown, and here is the respond ~
Hi,friend,
We think it is the problem of its memory card!Some poor memory card can not be compatible with this camera,so it will be power off when card fully;
If our buyers can test it without any memory card plug into,you can find it can power on always!

So,if you find its screen go blank,we suggest that you can use one class10 memory card,and with brand memory card for this camera,thanks!

And the brand that will work is ? At $25 per card the experiments could get costly fast ! Seems these companies aren't really keen on supplying the US market with quality products ??

I received my replacement 207 and this one works much better. At first I was worried because it still had a bit of purple in the video but I let it run for a few hours and now the picture is decent and the colors look correct. The seller (estore009) has been great to work with.

Ramshackle said:
Noticed that I was not hearing the chimes when starting and stopping the car, and realised I have not been hearing them for a while.

While driving, opened the flap to look at the video, and saw no picture. Wife tried to turn it on by pressing down ON/OFF button, and nothing happened.

Took it inside, removed SD card, and found that it had not recorded video for a month or so, and that the last videos recorded all had timestamps in February 2012 (ie the internal clock had reset itself for some reason).

Still could not turn it on even when it's connected to a USB cable.

Fix: removed battery, reinstalled battery, now it works again. Date had to be reset to correct date.

Moral of the story: when this thing stops chirping, do the battery reset and check the date is correct. :roll:

Edit: Nope, have now found that the disk is FULL and that's what probably stopped it turning on:

I just had a very similar experience with mine except for one thing... it did keep chirping so I thought it was working fine. But when I took out the SD card and examinted it in my PC it appeared have stopped recording about 2 and half weeks ago, because that was the most recent file on the card. But there was a 2012 directory and in there was one file dated Jan 24, 2012 that showed the last few minutes before I took the card out, about 10 minutes before this examination!

My SD card was full also.

I suspect what happened is that the camera crashed and reset the date and somehow lost track of the old files to delete. So it kept writing to the same file over and over... not very useful!

What's really disappointing is that the only reason I took the card out to look at it was that an accident occurred right in front of me today and I wanted to get the footage... but it's long gone as that file had been overwritten many times over by the time I got home.

That would be the camera having frozen at some point. The only way to unfreeze it is to remove all power from the camera (either remove battery and cable, or let battery die), which will cause it to lose the date and time. The way loop recording works is that it deletes the oldest file first, so since the date and time were reset to 2012 the oldest file would have always been the most recent file.

I was sick of how often this camera froze (once a week or more) and bought a GT300W instead. I can't have a camera with so severe reliability issues when the reason I have one is to have evidence in case of an accident.

Having a similar problem to what some folks described
Once in a while, camera will reset date to 1/1/2012 and will start overwriting the wrong files.
(It has a bunch of 2013 files that it thinks are newer, and instead of overwriting them, it keeps overwriting the 2012 files)
Problem is most serious if card is full, in which case it overwrites the same file over and over.

Did anyone figure out how to solve it?
One suspicion that I have is that the battery contact is intermittent, if camera looses battery contact it will loose the time/date settings.
I also noticed that the battery is kinda loose and I pushed some old paper card to the bottom of it, to try to keep it more firmly in place - if it helps I'll post.

If anyone has other ideas what to try, please share.

:cry: I've lost valuable data because of this problem, didn't notice until it was too late.

A battery issue could be a problem but you can also try formatting your SD card every couple of weeks in the camera itself. Good habit for all cams that overwrite files and folders. But I know, it can be just another chore for some and most will never get around to it... :D

I've begun having the same date reset issue. I've had my 207 for a few months now but only recently discovered the date had reset, resulting in the file overwrite issue. I too suspected that the battery contacts weren't snug enough & bent them out a bit to increase the pressure. Seemed to work for a few days, but discovered the date reset again yesterday. Soo...any suggestions? While reformatting might help with the file overwrite issue, it certainly isn't related to the date reset problem.

Battery could be dead / not holding a charge resulting in the date reset.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z DVR-XX7 2
Back