My DVR-207 experiences

I have a good card reader and I tried the windows formatting trick. The card has the same performance in the DVR when formatted with Windows as it does when formatted with the DVR. This might be explained by the fact that both windows and the card use the same allocation size. It doesn't seem to matter if I do a full format or quick format in windows, the results for me are the same performance in the camera.

I think my DVR might just be defective. The power light only flickers when it first comes on and then stays off, even though it is on and recording. They sent me a replacement power adapter for the FM interference issue, and on the day I received it the original adapter went bad. As soon as I plugged in the original adapter the screen would start to get bright and dim randomly and the unit would shut off after a few seconds. The unit worked fine on battery besides the broken power LED issue. It's a good thing they sent a replacement as the replacement seems to power the unit properly, for now...

Did you do a FULL format as advised? Do not use Quick Format!

Yes, I did a full format (as mentioned in my post, I tried full and quick). The performance in the DVR has not changed. I do not have another memory card to test with so I'm just going to live with it the way it is now, as it does what I need it to. The main issue I have is video jerkiness. The DVR has not froze up once since replacing the power adapter.

Got mine yesterday, and tried it out when I went to lunch today. Pics look fine on the computer. For some reason, the off/on switch doesn't seem to want to turn it off. What am I missing? I've got it here on my desk, and the viewer is still showing a pic and the switch doesn't seem to do anything.

unpaidbill said:
Got mine yesterday, and tried it out when I went to lunch today. Pics look fine on the computer. For some reason, the off/on switch doesn't seem to want to turn it off. What am I missing? I've got it here on my desk, and the viewer is still showing a pic and the switch doesn't seem to do anything.

You have to keep it pressed in for several seconds. If that fails then it is likely a hardware problem.

Thanks. I wasn't holding it in long enough. I figured it was something I was/wasn't doing.

Hi mates.
I have a question about 027 cam. Just received it and found that is not working when charging from cigarette socket. I cant switch the camera on and have to take off the cable and then device responds properly. I have set up motion detection mode and have to leave camera without charger to keep it working. Is the charger a reason or any other issue? Thanks

New member (hi) I also went ahead and bought the new DVR-207 from estore009 and now feel ripped off. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
after further testing....

i happened to check my sd today to find it hadnt recorded a file to the sd since 13th! 7 days not a thing recorded!

the dvr207 is a lemon...

Hi krimark,

I took a look at your video and there is a lot of trees. Many dash cams struggle with this (even the $200+ ones) because the bit rate is too low. Your windshield may be a bit dirty as well. Overall, video quality seems to be a bit below average for a DVR-207.

DashCamMan said:
Hi krimark,

I took a look at your video and there is a lot of trees. Many dash cams struggle with this (even the $200+ ones) because the bit rate is too low. Your windshield may be a bit dirty as well. Overall, video quality seems to be a bit below average for a DVR-207.

Thanks for the input. The thing is that I also ordered the 027-model from DX (they arrived one day apart) and the video and sound quality is way better/smoother on the DVR-027 (and it's also cheaper). It doesn't seem to have any trouble at all with trees.

krimark said:
DashCamMan said:
Hi krimark,

Thanks for the input. The thing is that I also ordered the 027-model from DX (they arrived one day apart) and the video and sound quality is way better/smoother on the DVR-027 (and it's also cheaper). It doesn't seem to have any trouble at all with trees.

The tree thing in the beginning of the video is a focus problem.
The autofocus cant decide what to to chose.

alsomme said:
The tree thing in the beginning of the video is a focus problem.
The autofocus cant decide what to to chose.

problems when there's lots of trees is to do with rapid changes in contrast and bitrate, the cameras are fixed focus, not auto focus

Finally received my single ferrite clip suppressor. It does not help, no matter where it is placed, and no matter if 1 or 2 turns are put through it. :cry:

My GPS and radio are still impacted negatively.

this is a sample of my dvr207.
the picture ok i think fot its price

Ramshackle said:
Finally received my single ferrite clip suppressor. It does not help, no matter where it is placed, and no matter if 1 or 2 turns are put through it. :cry:

My GPS and radio are still impacted negatively.

What is the impact on your GPS? Is it built in or portable? I plan to use my Garmin...haven't had them both in at the same time.

The GPS takes much longer to find satellites, and sometimes puts me far from where I am.

I am waiting for delivery of a DVR-207 and I think I will keep my eyes open for problems
with FM radio and GPS. I use GPS a lot to navigate in remote areas in Sweden.

EMC related stuff was once a part of my job so when I have hardware to test I can hopefully
do some tests to see where the interference comes from. Once you know the source there are
cheap(ish) ways to filter or shield out the unwanted stuff.

(Sort of payback to the forum that has helped me decide where to start)

Ramshackle said:
The GPS takes much longer to find satellites, and sometimes puts me far from where I am.

I have to chime in here :)

The cable that came with my DVR-207 never affected my GPS signal itself, however, it did affect the GPS traffic signal. (The signal that tells you where the traffic jams are). I received the "updated" cable (the cable with the ferrite attached), and it seems to help, but it can be hit and miss.

New guy,
Good site, sure to get much better....as everyone gets on this bandwagon.

Anyway, new 207 today. As said before, instructions crap. Confusing. Would be real nice if the manufacturer actually gave some info about the SD card.
But as it turned out. A Lexar Platinum II 23 GB seems to work. Camera formatted no issue.
Like any new toy we're new to, it takes some time to figure it out. But thanks to this site, I'm up!

Likes;
Decent 720 image
I'm glad they give you a decent sized cord.
Decent, quality looking mount
Compact.
Easy to figure out (with this sites help!)
Nice box lol!
Dirt cheap

Dis;
Can't handle any wind in the mic.
Doesn't like to link to my pc with just the USB cord. Must remove the card.

Overall, a good first kick at the can for a cam. Enjoy my 67....

Cheers, Mark

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z DVR-XX7 2
Back