My DVR-207 experiences

Hi cdnpont,

Thanks for joining. Interesting location for your dash cam...is the suction cup mounted on the rear window?

Thanks for the welcome,

Agreed, it's kind of a different view, not so good for seeing the street in bright sun (overcast would work), but imop gives a better feel of the motion of the car. And yes, it's just the standard suction cup mount on the back window. The swivel screen of the 207 makes it easy to initially aim the unit, and if you face it forward you can see the status in your rear view mirror as you drive. The cord is easily long enough to go right under the front seat to the cig lighter outlet, and this is a big car.

Question; Is there any way to dampen the wind noise. Could a small dome of foam be placed across the mic?

Here's a more "Traditional" dash view..

Last edited by a moderator:
1967 Grande Parisienne. Ex USSR Ottawa embassy car.
Not originally meant to be muscle, but it's getting there...

5838074322_9f04c9575b_z.jpg

cdnpont said:
1967 Grande Parisienne. Ex USSR Ottawa embassy car.
Not originally meant to be muscle, but it's getting there...

5838074322_9f04c9575b_z.jpg
OT But i love Us and Canada all the old cars is much cheaper there.

Thanks for the nice comments on the car, but please stop or I'll get another negative rating!

I got my DVR-207 Today, and it seems good,

except for the Video Quality, it is recording in correct 720P and 30FPS and that's great, but with 2 problems,

the resulting footage is very grainy, even like a "Film Noir" effect, or to try and make sense of the effect, like the snow you see on a TV when there is bad reception, if you look through that though, the video does appear to be good quality,

the last problem is the colour in the video, things seem very very washed out, ie a friends bright purple car, looks almost white on the display or on film, while other things have a blue or green tinge to them, reds seem ok

does it sound like the camera is damaged or failing? as otherwise it seems to be great, its quite sturdy too, which just makes the video problems a bit of a shame, does anyone else have these problems?

Ill just put in an update to the above:

Now it has been going for a few hours now and has been power cycled a few times, it appears to be going well now, I am happy with the Video and its quality

do the DVR-XXX cams need a "run in" time or something, as the quality was really poor when it was used fresh out of the box, but now seems to be fine?

in any case, im no longer worried, its working fine :lol:

I hope the 'burn in' time is the case. I just bought a 207 (my 027 has been working great) and it looks like the camera is trying to focus on the windshield. Right now I'm reformatting my Class 10 16gb card in Windows and I'm going to let the camera run overnight and see how it looks tomorrow. At least the radio interference has been cut way down.

It looks like I may have received a dud camera. I let it run all night and during the day (bright sunlight) the video is still grainy- looks like bad 480. I'm going to contact estore and see what they say.

Noticed that I was not hearing the chimes when starting and stopping the car, and realised I have not been hearing them for a while.

While driving, opened the flap to look at the video, and saw no picture. Wife tried to turn it on by pressing down ON/OFF button, and nothing happened.

Took it inside, removed SD card, and found that it had not recorded video for a month or so, and that the last videos recorded all had timestamps in February 2012 (ie the internal clock had reset itself for some reason).

Still could not turn it on even when it's connected to a USB cable.

Fix: removed battery, reinstalled battery, now it works again. Date had to be reset to correct date.

Moral of the story: when this thing stops chirping, do the battery reset and check the date is correct. :roll:

Edit: Nope, have now found that the disk is FULL and that's what probably stopped it turning on:

Attachments

• dvr207.png
    dvr207.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 143
I thought this thing was supposed to overwrite old files automatically?

What recycle setting? I can't find it on the menus...

Ramshackle said:
What recycle setting? I can't find it on the menus...

it might be named something else, not familiar with the menu options you have but if you can list them I might be able to point you in the right direction

Nope, there is no such menu setting. It's supposed to happen automatically.

Ramshackle said:
Nope, there is no such menu setting. It's supposed to happen automatically.

There should be something there related to file size or recording length or similar, not sure what its named but all car dvr's have some option for this

Sure, you can set fps, resolution, duration of each clip.

You can see all this in the unit's instruction manual I posted here
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=785

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z DVR-XX7 2
Back