My fake G1W of eBay ¬¬ (totodeal)

KCO

Reaction score
Country
Chile
By the orange box at a time that I thought might be a G1W-C and record the first video in 720p at 30 fps AVI format and I started to get suspicious. disassemble the camera and I found this. never doubt this person because in selling on ebay and having the store website says it is a NT96650.

xn6z.jpg

mve2.jpg

5jzg.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/321232635366
http://www.totodeal.com/27-lcd-g1w-...ens-gsensor-motion-detection-brown-p4620.html

Two months waiting for this piece of **** and buy two :mad:

Wow that sucks! Start the claim process. Go to "My Ebay" and under leave feedback, you will see "More Actions". Select "Resolve Problem". Then select "I received an item that wasn't as descrived". Demand a full refund. If they want the items back, demand they pay shipping. If they don't resolve it, Ebay will refund you.

Wow that sucks! Start the claim process. Go to "My Ebay" and under leave feedback, you will see "More Actions". Select "Resolve Problem". Then select "I received an item that wasn't as descrived". Demand a full refund. If they want the items back, demand they pay shipping. If they don't resolve it, Ebay will refund you.

not as described works, if you make a claim for counterfeit goods you don't have to send them back, you get told to destroy them instead, I'd try that first

Maybe even the sellers don't notice this.
I don't think there is necessary to sell the NTK96620 version, the NTK96650 version price is very good now.

Maybe even the sellers don't notice this.
I don't think there is necessary to sell the NTK96620 version, the NTK96650 version price is very good now.

yes I don't think there is any logic to making a 96620 version of this model, the 96650 version is very cheap, anyone that wants to make a cheaper lower quality version of this product shouldn't be in the business

yes I don't think there is any logic to making a 96620 version of this model, the 96650 version is very cheap, anyone that wants to make a cheaper lower quality version of this product shouldn't be in the business

I would agree but that would take a monumental shift in thinking that won't happen anytime soon where you do business.

I would agree but that would take a monumental shift in thinking that won't happen anytime soon where you do business.

yes unfortunately as I've mentioned before there is an overwhelming number of people that are in 'the race to the bottom' to see who can make the cheapest product and that doesn't end well for anyone, manufacturer, reseller or consumer

I meet people all the time that are proud to tell me about their new 'cost down' solution, rarely do I meet people that tell me they're working on a higher spec version of a product with better performance, it's always about price and personally I feel that's quite sad

I meet people all the time that are proud to tell me about their new 'cost down' solution, rarely do I meet people that tell me they're working on a higher spec version of a product with better performance, it's always about price and personally I feel that's quite sad

That's true of many products in our homes today. Not many things are built to last anymore.

Aww, I got that orange box too!!! But I bought it from estore009 on ebay (for $52). How do I open the camera? I want to check if I have the correct chip too. My menu is different than yours, but not sure if it's truly 1080p or if maybe the camera is just stretching the image.

jSivC1M8otY7D.jpg

Aww, I got that orange box too!!! But I bought it from estore009 on ebay (for $52). How do I open the camera? I want to check if I have the correct chip too. My menu is different than yours, but not sure if it's truly 1080p or if maybe the camera is just stretching the image.
estore009 is usualy pretty good about what they sell.
I'm not good with taking things apart so I'd suggest the easier route.
Open a file created by the camera in RegistratorViewer and check the properties.

Name ............
Duration 3:01
Date and Time 11/21/2013 11:25:27 AM
File C:\.........MOV
MOV / MP4 / 3GPP2 03m01s
1: Video: AVC1, 11876kbps, 30.0fps, 1920x1080, gop15 - VideoHandler vide
2: Audio: SOWT, 512kbps, 1.0fps - SoundHandler soun
Size 289652459 byte (276.2 Mb)
Started 11/21/2013 11:25:27 AM
Finished 11/21/2013 11:28:28 AM
Duration 0:03:01.000

Knock off G1Ws record in avi i believe.

If you bought from estore009 be sure is everything OK, make a clip and check in properties just like said "CheckYourLights" If is resolution 1920X1080 with 30 fps, then is OK, the fail G1W with NT96620 can't do this (only 25fps)

Today:

Dear kco
Really sorry for that,
I have checked with my workmates,
it seems that our supply department has made a mistake,
They have got the wrong product,
and we have corrected it now,
thay are the right product with the right chip,

However ,we are willing to make a part refund for you as compensation,
what do you think of this ?
Best regard.

- totodealhk

Part refund? No- stick to your guns and ask for a full refund; offer to send the cam back if they pay the postage; Accept what only what you paid for. I am sorry for the seller, who does seem to have a good reputation but Ebay has a system to allow you to make a full claim. please use it.

Again a fake G1W, this time in my post box, orange box like some posts above, no name of the product, records AVI/MJPEG instead of MOV/H.264, video image of very poor quality, distinctly not 1080p but upscaled (probably 720p), also different mount than original. I have set up a case on ebay, seller 'oohsomuch'.

I just registered to ask about possible fake G1Ws and found this thread.

The blue version of the G1W is now offered for around $40 bucks now in different places (like bangg##d.com or ebay item #310844769948). I think these must be fakes, what do you think?
One thing that is suspicious is the obvious lack of an hdmi port/cable. There is a slot in the housing, but as far as I can tell from the photos I think the actual port is missing.

What do you guys think about this G1W version(s)?

@KCO: Does you version have an HDMI-Port?

searching using that number on ebay I saw the product. The video is in .mov It looks as if there is an HDMI port but the cable is certainly not included. I have not read about the
1 x Security Recorder supplied, what is that? I wonder.

Back