My First Dashcam

These are some good suggestions, thank you guys!
I'm going to increase the budget limit to around $100 since $70 has some limited features I'm looking for such as capacitor and sharp image.
Viofo A119/A118 V2 looks good, but my concern is their customer service.
I heard about their company's service isn't as good.
Do you guys know some company that makes decent dash cam, but also has great customer service?

I'm going to increase the budget limit to around $100 since $70 has some limited features I'm looking for such as capacitor and sharp image.
Do you guys know some company that makes decent dash cam, but also has great customer service?
Street Guardian is company which makes a not decent but great dashcam and they have a great customer support but I think your budget limit is going up through the roof if you are going to buy one of their products in level of A119. I dont really know their prices if I am wrong someone here will correct me regarding this.

Street Guardian is company which makes a not decent but great dashcam and they have a great customer support but I think your budget limit is going up through the roof if you are going to buy one of their products in level of A119. I dont really know their prices if I am wrong someone here will correct me regarding this.
Agree

if you pay a bit more you can buy them locally in the USA, @CaptureYourAction and @OCD Tronic both sell and support the Viofo products and are active members here, both have a good track record for after sales support should you need it, you can look the users up yourself and see plenty of examples of that from both of them

After sales support should go through the sellers. No need to contact Viofo or send anything back to China.

For one of the best customer service, I was thinking of Anker brand.
They have C1 & C2. I don't think they don't have capacitor models yet, but as some anker product owner, their support is excellent.
By the way, does anyone suggest other good dash cam products with great customer support? I'm open book.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Edited to just “recall”
Just pointing out they are a new manufacture of dashcam products. I’m not attacking anyone if that’s how you’re taking it. They do have great support though based on previous products. I’ll sell any product with Good factory Support and specs I’d want in my own dashcam.

Edited to just “recall”
Just pointing out they are a new manufacture of dashcam products. I’m not attacking anyone if that’s how you’re taking it. They do have great support though based on previous products. I’ll sell any product with Good factory Support and specs I’d want in my own dashcam.

OK, fair enough. Personally, I'm struck by the fact that there was actually a "recall" from Anker at all. I mean, has anyone here ever heard of a dash cam manufacturer issuing a recall? For all the seven years I've owned dash cams the buyer usually ends up holding the bag. There have certainly been some notable examples. Of course, thanks to the welcome trend initially set in motion by Street Guardian (and now Viofo) we are seeing far better customer service and prompt replacements on a case by case basis from people like you Jon, but an actual "product recall" from a dash cam provider is unprecedented as far as I know.

Edit: I've edited my post as well. :)

I originally said massive because I got those two recent recall stories mixed up.

The Anker recall is a bit odd. They are not recalling all cams of a certain type but only the ones which were sold in warmer climates. The exact same cam being recalled in the US is not being recalled in western Europe where temps tend to be lower. In time I'm sure they will have a good product but until then best to avoid Anker cams ;)

Viofo has several cams in the ~$100 price range and the Mini 0906 may prove to be OK now that they're using super-caps. The Chupad D501 is good for a battery-equipped 'wedge' cam. There seems to be more new product introductions in the $80-$150 price range than ever before, and the features and specs on some of these were only found in cams costing twice as much a couple years ago. It's a good time to be looking for a dashcam and good values can be had in cams from $35 up as long as your expectations match the prices. You don't get what you don't pay for but you can get some real bargains in cams nowadays :D

Phil

I finalized on the dash cams which are Street guardian (but the issue is included bundles causing the price to go up) and Viofo (customer service is iffy for me, but this form seems to have some customer services where I don't have to rely on the company's junky customer service). The alternative choice will be Anker Rova (Since I have a great service and product with them, I have to put it on the list). So, these are my finals. I'm still going to do more research. Until I find something better, I'll be sticking with these lists. If you think you have better suggestions, let me know.

SG and Viofo do some after-sales support right here on DCT, but warranties are handled by the seller so be sure to buy from a recommended seller ;) If you buy direct from China returns and fakes can be a problem. If you buy from a non-official Ebay or Amazon seller similar issues can occur. In the USA, OCD Tronics handles these two brands and you won't find a better person to deal with anywhere (y)

Phil

Back