My First Dashcam

Battery manufacturers really need to step up their game regarding quality control.

With my beloved LiIon cells, determining the manufacturer and avoiding the bad ones is not a tough job. But LiPo's are another story altogether; knowledge is far harder to come by with them and suppliers can change mid-production of a cam without the customer knowing :rolleyes: As long as there are people who purchase more by price, there will be lower quality products made to suit them so I don't see a workable solution to this issue. Better is certainly possible, just not a likely outcome across-the-board :(

Phil

As long as there are people who purchase more by price, there will be lower quality products made to suit them so I don't see a workable solution to this issue. Better is certainly possible, just not a likely outcome across-the-board :(

Phil
I'm not a business man but I assume a product recall due to battery problems is much more expensive for a company than sourcing out a reliable, even if more costly, battery manufacturer.

I finalized on the dash cams which are Street guardian (but the issue is included bundles causing the price to go up)

We bundle cards because too many customers buy cheap/fake cards and blame the dashcam for poor performance.

I’m happy to sell Street Guardian products discounted without a card on a case by case basis. I just need you to confirm which card you’ll be using. Send me a private message or email and I can offer you a special no card checkout link with an additional dashcamtalk member what to buy shopper discount as well.

From the research I did so far, street guard seems promising. However, only thing I can find is bundles which goes over my budget limit. If I can get the item where I can only get dash cam since I can get the other micro sd card (class 10) that would be nice.

Samsung 128/256 GB Evo
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06XWZWYVP (maybe this one or the other version, but same brand)
Samsung micro sf is my personal go to choice since I have amazing experience with this product.
even when I dropped my product (e.g. camera) it never failed on me.

That's what they get bundled with anyway
True, but I had some bad experiences with bundled items. For example, I had an portable electronic with bundle (it's been a while what it was) it worked out for several weeks, but it failed on me from the bundled accessories. However, the company said they only cover the main product, not the accessory which it was necessary to work with the main product. I had multiple experiences with other products. so, that made me not to trust bundled products except foods.

We don't work like that
I'm not saying that you do that.
I just stop trusting on bundled electronic items.
Plus, street guard looks good.
However, it is about twice as much as my budget limit for my first dash cam..
If I end up with that product, I defiantly need more time to reach that level.
That's why I set up the budget where is the bang for the buck.

Last edited:
Back