My Gripes with X2

1.01.09 is stable as a short term work around. A new firmware is in the works. Niko and Reverend helped me put together a complete video summary and step by step procedure on how to reproduce the problems in the lab. A new firmware is in the works with added transition timers/fixes.

Its been almost a week i am fw 1.01.09, and since than no issues at all. Even when battery is low switches from parking to drive mode and from driving to parking mode, does not shut down like on fw1.02.04
It seams that the x2 works good with higher speed sd cards.

I feel more like a beta tester than a customer who purchased what I was led to believe was a quality product. I'm just going to twiddle my thumbs until the next firmware release.

The next release should have no breaking fixes. If 1.01.09 doesn't cause corruption with normal cards, then the successive firmwares shouldn't either. Let us stop blaming the cards and focus on quality software.

This is one of two things, a nightmare or a cruel joke.

I do agree with. We have gone backwards. Keep in mind this is not a U.S. product well the price was. If I was the owner I would hire the best programmer with this great product so I continue to have sales and not get bad name on my product and fold. That is US thinking.

Ok.. my trouble free experience with my X2's has come to an end. :(

I have been experiencing the dreaded "X2 Shutdown on vehicle startup" issue. This has been observed in my wife's car only. She drives a V8 and the battery voltage drops significantly when starting the car.
In my work car, all is fine as the car starts up very fast being a 4 cynlinder and relatively new.

As proposed by Reverend, introducing a delay between voltage drop and shutdown would, in my opinion, eliminate this problem.

As suggested by Pie28, i have now downgraded both my X2's to 1.01.09 until a new acceptable stable firmware is released.... hopefully soon.

Well, I cannot make it work reliably even with a standalone BDP device, while running 1.01.09. Got an LK-290 wired up last week, BDP in X2 disabled (and time delay set at 6hr). Now every time the X2 is still in parking mode and I start the car - it powers off (due to startup voltage drop I presume) and stays off. Probably LK-290's fault at least partially though, but a longer wait before a shutdown start is needed even w/o BDP enabled.

Are you on 1.01.09?
while running 1.01.09.

My LK-290 is set to 12.4V setting. While the voltage is still above 12.4V, the X2 is in parking mode. When I insert the key and initiate ignition right away the battery voltage drops temporarily, and LK-290 cuts the B+ line voltage to zero, so the X2 initiates a shutdown. (The ACC line should go live at the same time though, not sure how this interacts with X2 shutdown logic). LK-290 then resets once it sees input voltage above 13V, but I guess it's too late since the X2 has shutdown.

I guess I can change my habit of immediately firing up the engine, and linger in the ACC mode a couple of seconds.

it would be worth doing that to test and compare results
I tried lingering in ACC key position for a couple of seconds. It played the start-up chime, then shut off when I started the car, then played the chime again and started up ok. I'll try lingering longer next time I get the chance.
Should've ordered the LK-530 instead I guess.

After a month without any problems at all, today my front sd card went in read only mode, its Kingston 64gb. The rear one Sony 32gb is still good. I got those MLC cards that im putting in now and see how it goes with them. 20150409_112106.jpg20150409_112223.jpg

Its interesting, when one of the sd cards goes into read only mode the x2 does not switch from driving to parking mode, it just kept recording until i unplugged the power.

ETA on new firmware?
I wish people wouldn't keep pushing for new firmware. Accept it's broken and wait for a release that works.

We've had numerous releases that have been pushed out without proper testing and its not conductive to establishing that the product is suitable for commercial release.

I'll be honest if this one doesn't work, I'll be looking for a refund. Give them chance to get it right.

I'm not 'pushing' for new firmware, I'm asking for an ETA so I can have hope towards something workable.

Being left in the dark in regards to new firmware is pretty much where we're at, at the moment.

Back