My Mobius Maxi

Possible, as the camera is already upside down before power is turned on.

'Inverted' is for mounting it to the dashboard, no wonder changing it to 'Inverted' using the app didn't have the desired affect. Default orientation is buttons down.

Default orientation is buttons down.
I'm not sure that is correct. I always thought the default is buttons up. Both the app and mSetup use a single toggle to control 2 settings in the FW for image orientation. Could be that you found a bug.

No bug, changing orientation using the app works fine. And yes, buttons up is default, got confused.

Seeing more than just Upright and Inverted. No 'Auto' in the app yet.

No bug, changing orientation using the app works fine. And yes, buttons up is default, got confused.

Seeing more than just Upright and Inverted. No 'Auto' in the app yet.
Yes. There is some inconsistency between the app, mSetup and the FW settings:

Image_Orientation=0;Set sensor Orientation, 0:Normal upright, 1:Inverted (rotate 180 deg.), 2:Mirror horizontally, 3:Mirror vertically
Auto_Flip=0;Set auto flip on/off, 0: Off, 1: On

F.W V. 2.26 - 1080p, 30fps. Bitrate - 24Mbit/s. Exposure Metering - Centre-Weighted, Video Quality - Extreme Fine, Volume - Medium.

Night - Rear
Do you like the Maxi as a discreet rear camera? I currently have a Mobius 1 rear camera that I'm considering replacing with a Maxi.

Do you like the Maxi as a discreet rear camera? I currently have a Mobius 1 rear camera that I'm considering replacing with a Maxi.

It's alright. I don't think you'll find a major difference versus the M1.

Image darkening due to bright spots still happens with 2.26. Helps sometimes with plate capture but at times it gets a little too dark.

Image darkening due to bright spots still happens with 2.26. Helps sometimes with plate capture but at times it gets a little too dark.
Hopefully that is something Mobius can fix through FW

Maxi - stock lens, Mobius with an 8mm lens and the M2, looking inward.

IMG_2490.png

IMG_2489.png

F.W V. 2.40 - 1080p, 30fps. Exposure Metering - Centre-Weighted, Video Quality - Extreme Fine, Volume - Medium.

Night - Rear

Much better. :)

I have Mode 2 configured to the same parameters, except Exposure Metering is set to Low Light Priority. Let's see.

Last edited:
Didn't anyone notice the drop in sharpness at 0:22 and 1:32?

Didn't anyone notice the drop in sharpness at 0:22 and 1:32?

Unfortunately, I keep getting a message that this video is "unavailable". For some reason, I get that message from YouTube on a random but fairly regular basis, only here on DCT. It happens with some videos on YouTube but not others. So far, I've not been able to track down the reason this happens. :( For a time I thought it was because of the various privacy and security plug-ins that I use with Firefox but I get the same thing with other browsers.

F.W V. 2.40 - 1080p, 30fps. Bitrate - 24Mbit/s. Exposure Metering - Low Light Priority. Video Quality - Extreme Fine. Volume - Medium.

Night - Rear

Never mind, I'll stick to Centre-Weighted.

Never mind, I'll stick to Centre-Weighted.
I agree that the Low (and High) light priority settings are too strong for regular use. Multi Spot and Centre Weighted seem best when used as a dashcam.

Glare is increased with the low-light setting, but the center-weighted vid from Friday looks very good. Didn't notice any unaccounted for changes where you mentioned with that one, only places where it dimmed somewhat on receiving brighter or more direct light which is to be expected to prevent glare.

Phil

Checked on the Maxi after a long time. Clips on the card looked fine but the date had defaulted to 2020. Hooked it up to mSetup but the current firmware doesn't show up and keeps telling me that an update is available. Have updated twice but the main screen does not show the current firmware version and the update notification is still there. Also, pressing the shutter button to enable changing of parameters is not working, the camera disconnects. Thoughts?

Doesn't sound good. Sorry I don't have any useful suggestions.

Can you change parameters the old-fashioned way by modifying the text file?

Tried a different cable, card and operating system. Disconnecting and reconnecting the ribbon cable, loading an older firmware, nothing appears to be working.

Not going to bother with the text file thing. Time to install the Plus that's still in its box since I got it a few months back.

Back