My Nextbase Player & MacBook Pro problem

NRH90

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 622gw
Hi Guys

I'm brand new to this forum and this is my very first post, I've found myself here due to an issue I'm having with my 622gw dash cam and the my nextbase player on my MacBook Pro.

The issue I'm having is when connecting the dash cam to my MacBook, it's not bringing anything up at all on the my nextbase player. As well as this, there is also no message coming up on the screen of the dash cam to allow me to select an option such as "firmware update", "access files" etc...

I've tried everything including deleting the app off my MacBook and downloading it again which made no difference. I've tried the USB cable in both the inputs on the MacBook and that didn't do anything either. Now I know the cable is definitely working as it's powering the dash cam up and charging it, I'm just unable to do anything other than that unfortunately!

Has/is anyone else experiencing this? Any help will be much appreciated!

Thank you :)

have you tried just using the card in a card reader to access the files rather than trying to use the camera as a car reader?

have you tried just using the card in a card reader to access the files rather than trying to use the camera as a car reader?
Currently waiting for a USB-C hub for my MacBook, until I have that I'm unable to put the card in a reader unfortunately.

I'm brand new to this forum and this is my very first post, I've found myself here due to an issue I'm having with my 622gw dash cam and the my nextbase player on my MacBook Pro.

The issue I'm having is when connecting the dash cam to my MacBook, it's not bringing anything up at all on the my nextbase player. As well as this, there is also no message coming up on the screen of the dash cam to allow me to select an option such as "firmware update", "access files" etc...

I've tried everything including deleting the app off my MacBook and downloading it again which made no difference. I've tried the USB cable in both the inputs on the MacBook and that didn't do anything either. Now I know the cable is definitely working as it's powering the dash cam up and charging it, I'm just unable to do anything other than that unfortunately!

Has/is anyone else experiencing this? Any help will be much appreciated!

Thank you :)
Hello,

You can connect your 622GW Dash Cam to your Mac using the provided USB cable.

1) Plug your Dash Cam in. Ensure the cable is plugged directly into the dash cam and NOT via the mount.

2) On the dash cam's screen you'll see a menu of 3 options. Please select 'Access Files' on the Dash Cam screen and then OK so that only that displays on the screen.

3) If the dash cam does not appear as a drive on your PC, please press the reset button on the underside of your dash cam and try all the USB ports on your computer.

4) Then the Dash Cam will be visible as a removable drive on your computer. If you go into Finder (Mac) you will be able to see the Dash Cam listed as a drive, usually called NEXTBASE.

5) Double click on this drive. You should then see nextbase.com, nextbase.info and DCIM.

6) Double click on 'DCIM'. Inside this you'll see a selection of folders. Inside these folders are your photos and footage.

7) You can copy the files onto your PC to save, view them using your computer's media player, or view the files using the correct Nextbase app- MyNextbase Player.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hello,

You can connect your 622GW Dash Cam to your Mac using the provided USB cable.

1) Plug your Dash Cam in. Ensure the cable is plugged directly into the dash cam and NOT via the mount.

2) On the dash cam's screen you'll see a menu of 3 options. Please select 'Access Files' on the Dash Cam screen and then OK so that only that displays on the screen.

3) If the dash cam does not appear as a drive on your PC, please press the reset button on the underside of your dash cam and try all the USB ports on your computer.

4) Then the Dash Cam will be visible as a removable drive on your computer. If you go into Finder (Mac) you will be able to see the Dash Cam listed as a drive, usually called NEXTBASE.

5) Double click on this drive. You should then see nextbase.com, nextbase.info and DCIM.

6) Double click on 'DCIM'. Inside this you'll see a selection of folders. Inside these folders are your photos and footage.

7) You can copy the files onto your PC to save, view them using your computer's media player, or view the files using the correct Nextbase app- MyNextbase Player.

Kind regards,
Millie
Hi Millie

Thank you for the reply. I've done all of the above, the issue I am having is that those 3 above mentioned options are not coming up on the screen of my dash cam when I'm connecting it to my laptop (it's not via the mount either, the mount stays in my car as it's stuck to the windscreen using the stickers). The USB cable appears to be working in some capacity as it is delivering power/charging the camera, the camera just isn't showing those 3 options or even appearing in the finder on my MacBook as a drive.

Hi,

Does your Macbook have USB3? USB3 are not compatible.
I'd recommend trying all of the USB ports, but if that doesn't work, does the computer have an SD card slot?

Kind regards,
Millie

Can you please elaborate on USB3 not being “compatible”? A USB3 port on a computer is backwards compatible with earlier versions…

Hi,

The obvious difference between USB 2 and 3 is the transfer rate. It depends entirely on the computer itself and the drivers installed as to whether the USB 3 port with function correctly with the camera. For devices when we've found that the USB 3 is not compatible (the camera will not show a PC mode), the USB 2 will usually function.

It entirely depends on the computer itself. Some computers are compatible with the camera when using USB3, but some will not show the computer menu on the camera's screen.

Regards,
Millie

Hi,

Does your Macbook have USB3? USB3 are not compatible.
I'd recommend trying all of the USB ports, but if that doesn't work, does the computer have an SD card slot?

Kind regards,
Millie
Hi Millie

It's the new MacBook Pro so I believe the USB ports on these are USB 4. Do you know if any future firmware updates will rectify this so that they work with USB 3 or USB 4?

I would have to purchase an attachment that has a SD card slot for the MacBook to be able to use that facility.

Hi,

For each model of computer, there should be a firmware update available that can allow for backwards compatibility. E.g. A USB4 can be used as a USB 2. I'd recommend checking for updates on your computer, specifically regarding USB usage.

As USB4 is exclusively USB C, the camera is not being used with the Nextbase USB cable provided. The camera is only designed to be used with the provided USB Mini to USB A USB cable, and using a third party cable may be the reason the camera is not being detected.

Thanks,
Millie

I was having the same issue, I'm using MacBook Pro (M1 2021) and when I use a Apple brand USB-C adaptor to plugin the DashCams, it doesn't show the options on the DashCams nor on the MacBook, then I tried another one that has no brand from Amazon, I used the USB port with blue colour on it (I believe it indicates it's USB3.0), then it worked! it shows 3 options on the DashCams, and just select "Access files" and I can see it as a drive on the MacBook.

So my suggestion is to try out a different USB-C adaptor, also try different USB ports.

Back