My Panorama X2

Bluenose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 622GW
I've not been around for a while and so have not been involved on the forum.

Well folks, after a few initial hiccups with my camera, which have all been resolved with many thanks to Niko, I have to say how massively impressed I am with the set-up.

The clarity is absolutely amazing, front and rear. Yesterday I was driving round the island at junction 30 of the M5 here in Devon, approaching the 4 lane section of the approach to the motorway, when the person in the lane to my right decided she really wanted to be in my lane and so did no more than start drifting across my bows, no signals of course, I hit the horn and held back to avoid my front wing being ripped off and emitted a few expletives at her, which she obviously couldn't hear but, nonetheless I think it was a natural reaction to the situation.

When I got home I played the videoa and as I have said earlier, I was amazed at the clarity. her number plate is clearly visible, not that I can do anything about it as fortunately there was no collision. It would be nice though to be able to send her the clip, from which she might learn something.

I had a look too at the PARKING MODE files and watched the guy park his car next to mine. Absolutely great!

I am at this point in time, not an expert in all of the abilities of the camera and so I am wondering what constitutes an 'EVENT' If someone could explain this to me I will be most grateful.
Another question please. How do I tell from the information in the files what my exact location is at any given time. There are a load of numbers across the bottom but they are meaningless to me at the moment.

I have noticed from my files that they run in one minute sections, is this the best setting to use. The thoughts of other users/members will be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Thank you for coming in on this joklin. I'm a bit of a 'long in the tooth grey haired old codger' i'm afraid and so a little help with 'G-Sensor' would also be of help. Is that where if the car is parked-up and someone/something bumps into it, the camera will catch it?

G-Sensor (or shock sensor) measures G force on an X-Y-Z axis, if an excessive force is measured it will lock the current recording from around 5 seconds before the triggered event occurred, these files aren't overwritten when recycling so the idea is if you had an accident the camera would automatically protect that 'event' so you don't have to worry about it

files that you manually lock are treated in the same manner

When I got home I played the videoa and as I have said earlier, I was amazed at the clarity. her number plate is clearly visible, not that I can do anything about it as fortunately there was no collision. It would be nice though to be able to send her the clip, from which she might learn something.
If you ask nicely and in the right way, the DVLA will probably give you her husbands name and address so you can send him a DVD...

There is plenty of time, space, warning and visibility there not to have difficulties changing lanes.

I have noticed from my files that they run in one minute sections, is this the best setting to use. The thoughts of other users/members will be much appreciated.

It's your choice but it's my impression that most people tend to use 3 minute clips. If an event or incident occurs near the end of the clip, and you want to post that clip on a forum or YouTube, the viewer doesn't have to watch a whole lot of video of nothing happening before seeing the event that you captured. You can leave it at 1 minute if you like, or you can try the 3 & 5 minute settings and see how you like it.

I asked the question below in my original post but I'm not too sure if it has been spotted.

Has anyone got the answer pleas. Many thanks.

"Another question please. How do I tell from the information in the files what my exact location is at any given time. There are a load of numbers across the bottom but they are meaningless to me at the moment".

Open the files with Registrator Viewer or similar to view the location, you can also type the coordinates directly into Google and it will show you in maps

I asked the question below in my original post but I'm not too sure if it has been spotted.

Has anyone got the answer pleas. Many thanks.

"Another question please. How do I tell from the information in the files what my exact location is at any given time. There are a load of numbers across the bottom but they are meaningless to me at the moment".
There are two options:
1. You can type those numbers into google maps and it will show you a location.

2. Playback video on Registrator Viewer.

Ok folks, I have downloaded Dashcam Viewer and the following appears at the bottom of the screen :-

X: +0 031 Y: -0. 031 Z: +0. 96

I have tried inputting these numbers but it doesn't tell me anything.

Might need some more help please. many thanks.

Ah on the X2 you don't get the GPS co-ordinates - they're for the G Sensor so it's just showing which direction the car moved in that second, i.e. up / down, backwards / forwards and left or right.

Have you got the GPS module connected to it as Registrator Viewer / Dashcam Viewer should show the location on a map on your Windows PC / Mac?

Brilliant, thank you reverend. I have been looking at my videos via VLC Media Player but it doesn't give what I've just looked at with DashCam Viewer. Is it worth buying the full version of it?

Thanks again for your help.

There are plenty of very happy users of it for sure mate.

Personally I use Windows and use Registrator Viewer from http://www.registratorviewer.com/index_en.html - both programs definitely suit dashcams better than just VLC as you'll get all the extra info out of the files which VLC doesn't show you :)

With Registrator Viewer you load it up, click the green plus icon and point it at your memory card and then the Normal folder and it works itself out from there - I've not really used Dashcam Viewer but it will be very similar the way it works.

Hi again, I have downloaded from your link, having opened up the programme I have gone into 'File Open' , found my video file and clicked on 'open' but nothing happens.

I'm a bit slow on the old techie bits, is there some sort of user manual that I can download to help me?

Many thanks.

This is how I see RV:

upload_2015-5-15_23-45-47.png

Once I've added the files they usually show up in the list circled in red.

Basically when it first starts reading the files you'll see loads there, but then as it starts reading them it works out the journeys and groups them together so you can see them as one long trip even if they are spread across lots of videos.

All you should need to do is click the video in the list and then it should show the video in the top left, speed and G sensor info in the lower left area on the graphs and if you click the play button it should start playing and automatically show your location on the map at the top right?

Hi reverend, Thank you for being so helpful with this. I am still having problems though I'm afraid.

I have saved a clip both front and rear, of an incident that happened recently but, when I click on File Open it does not appear anywhere within the registratorview screen. What am I doing wrong?
I do have the same screen that you have posted but, I jus have a black screen where your video is and a map on the right. The map is of New York.

Thanks again for being so patient.

EDIT: Ok reverend, I think that I have cracked it now thank you.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back