my SD card is stuffed, cant format it

my THIRD FAULTY sandisk card 32GB this time, has just been confirmed genuine and is being sent back for a warranty replacement.
NEVER OWN SANDISK

Blimey they've all failed close together - you guys are hitting summer now aren't you?

Did they all die in the same camera? Just wondering if there's something else afoot to kill three that quickly together?

first 2 died in the blackspew, first one lasted a year the warranty replacement lasted less than a week, the 32gb never made it to the windscreen, only bench testing the mobius.
but yeah just starting to warm up here, not a killer heat yet.

It's proper weird - you'd probably have had better odds of winning a decent prize on the lottery than having so many of those fail so close together!

I just did a bit more reading and doing a full format seemed to recover the cards for a couple of people:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=48702336&postcount=13

Not sure if it's worth one last go before sending it back?

It definitely sounds like there's some cost cutting going on though - I guess they're aiming these more at phone usage where they wouldn't get as many writes and then they'll try and sell a more expensive Extreme card for things like dashcams as they realise there's a market there (at which point everyone using a dashcam will be using something else due to all the problems!)

already tried full format both quick and slow, still throws same errors.

Proper goosed in that case. I'm running a 64GB one in the X2 at the moment and keep checking it as I'm waiting for it to go pop - to be fair I've had it a good six months and it's not skipped a beat yet - saying that the car is in the garage at the moment so now I've tempted fate it will probably go into read only mode any day!!

Back