My Thoughts on Panorama S with CPL (long)

Giasan36

Reaction score
Country
United States
First of all, I want to thank Jon from roadcam.com for his amazing customer service and quick replies. He saved me a ton of confusion.

I have only recently gotten into dashcams because of a new job that requires about 4hrs of commute time in total. I first bought the Blackvue 550 and was impressed with its software. After setting everything up and taking it for a test drive, I came back to be disappointed by its video quality. Even after running a custom firmware to boost its bitrate to about 12Mbps it still was blocky. I was quite disappointed because I fell in love with its parking mode/wifi/gps package.

Next up was Vicovation Marcus 3. This camera was amazing. The quality was about 10 times better than blackvue and its lens was much wider. Night time video was about 20 times better than Blackvue and I thought this would be the camera for me. After much thought, I realized that I missed the dual camera option of Blackvue and its parking mode (which Marcus 3 has none). I decided I needed something else.

Here comes the Panorama S. Shipping was amazingly fast. Customer support 10/10. And now it was time for the test drive.

Because I wanted a dual camera option that works with parking mode, I decided to purchase the Mobius as my rear camera and connect them both with Power Magic Plus with dual female cigar sockets.

The camera out of the box was smaller than I thought it would be. I decided to leave it with the firmware it came with which is v1.12.06 15Mbps. After setting up both cameras, I went for a quick drive down to the gym. Returning home, I went over the footage and my first impression was wow this is actually great quality.

My only complaints so far are that the motion sensor is too sensitive, it seems to stay constantly on when parked due to trees moving or the sun coming out of the clouds.

The CPL filter does its job. Reflections and glare are down to almost none and quality still looks good. Only complaint on this is that it seems to rattle around when driving. The magnets are not strong enough? I could just put some electric tape or something I guess.

Other than that, this is the camera for me. Also, the Mobius wide angle rear camera is doing great too, it's motion sensor can be changed from high, standard, and low. It's video quality is also great, I highly recommend it too.

My final thoughts, I feel much safer on my commutes knowing I have a quality product with great customer support in case anything goes wrong. Aside from my minor complaints, the Panorama S gets a 9/10 from me. Great camera, great support, it is the best all around camera out there.

Heres a sample from my drive home from the gym. The rattling sound you hear is from the CPL filter. As always, quality looks better on the actual file than the youtube compression.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P II / S 2
C II / S 1
D II / S 4
D II / S 19
L II / S 2
Back