My Viofo A129 Pro Duo has started beeping and displaying a message that it wants to delete all files.

Daiv727

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is this normal? Should I select delete or not? I thought if the card was full it would simply start overwriting the oldest files.

Card should be formatted in the camera from time to time. When was it last formatted?

IS there a option to set a viofo so it do not follow normal routing,,,, as in delete oldest files when full ?

It sound strange

I thought if the card was full it would simply start overwriting the oldest files.
As @kamkar said, make sure that 'loop recording'/'overwrite old files' (whatever the option is called on Viofo cameras) is turned on.

Just checked on my A139 there actually are a loop recording OFF option, that must be what is in use,,,, it is not a default setting for sure.
IMO that option should not be there, clash with dashcam prime directive #1, must always record.

You should select a segment size you would like, i personally record in 3 minute segments.

IMO that option should not be there, clash with dashcam prime directive #1, must always record.

You should select a segment size you would like, i personally record in 3 minute segments.
I can see it being useful if you’re going on a cross-country trip and you don’t want to lose any footage. If you get the notification, then you just pull over Nd put in a new card.

I like the one minute segments myself.

Card should be formatted in the camera from time to time. When was it last formatted?
Thanks for your suggestion - I've only had my Viofo for about a month and I've formatted the card at least 4 times; I'll reformat it soon and see how it goes!

Thanks for your suggestion - I've only had my Viofo for about a month and I've formatted the card at least 4 times; I'll reformat it soon and see how it goes!
What card are you using? Brand and model?

I brought my VioFo A129Pro Duo into my computer and checked all settings and formatted the card. The only setting that seemed questionable was "Format Warning" which I had set for 15 days; I turned it off and see how it goes now.

One of my favorite cards, that should be fine.

Also a format warning in there in the viofo cameras,,,,,, damn i really do suffer from selective reading CUZ that i must just have completely ignored.
It is a good thing though,,,,,,, no dashcam or the memory card are set and forget, you be wise to look things over every few months, those will be 10 - 15 minutes well spent one day.

Sounds like good advice all around!

Thanks for confirming that the card is most likely not going to be a problem.

Back