nanoQ 0903

Thank you for pointing that out. Your right, the pins do compress in and out so all I should need is a GPS mount replacement. I think I'll try asking the seller for one before returning it.

Thank you for pointing that out. Your right, the pins do compress in and out so all I should need is a GPS mount replacement. I think I'll try asking the seller for one before returning it.
So your pins are OK and your base looks the same as mine - I'm not sure where your problem is, but if you are going to return it, I would wait until you know that there will be an improved replacement. Like I said before, they were going to improve the latch, and it looks to me like you have a pre-release version, the fact you say it is not secure supports that, I'm not sure the production version has been released yet?

I think the base you refer to is the nanoq base and from what you described it sounds like they match. The problem is that the GPS connector pins are not flush with the top surface of the plastic housing like it is in Chris Hunt's picture. Compare his picture of the GPS connector pins with the picture I provided.

Update: The seller is sending another GPS mount to replace the bad one.
Found one more issue. I have 2 PNY 64GB class 10 90 MB/s microSDXC cards and neither work in the Mini 0903. I had to use a 32 GB microSD instead. Maybe an update will fix it.
Is anyone able to use a 64 GB microSD card with the Mini 0903?

Update: The seller is sending another GPS mount to replace the bad one.
Found one more issue. I have 2 PNY 64GB class 10 90 MB/s microSDXC cards and neither work in the Mini 0903. I had to use a 32 GB microSD instead. Maybe an update will fix it.
Is anyone able to use a 64 GB microSD card with the Mini 0903?
It needs to be formatted using FAT32, then it works fine. ExFAT format will not work.

Nigel, Thank you for responding.
I should have mentioned that I did try formating it from the Mini 0903 menu but it didn't change the ExFat32 format. When I get time I'll try formating it from a PC and give it a second try.
Thanks again.

I just received my order of nano 0903 from amazon chinese seller. What's the lastest firmware? the one I received is dated at 20151221v1.2 and currently this firmware refuses to turn off the screen or does GPS log/stamp.

I just received my order of nano 0903 from amazon chinese seller. What's the lastest firmware? the one I received is dated at 20151221v1.2 and currently this firmware refuses to turn off the screen or does GPS log/stamp.

What size memory card are you using. We had screen freezes with our sample test cam running on 64gb card. 32gb card resolved the issue. Our test cam was on the same firmware as yours. Not sure if there has been an update since then.

What size memory card are you using. We had screen freezes with our sample test cam running on 64gb card. 32gb card resolved the issue. Our test cam was on the same firmware as yours. Not sure if there has been an update since then.
I had the same freezing problem with 64gb u3 microsd as you had mentioned, but the issue was resolved by resetting the camera, and format the 64gb u3 microsd card as fat 32 with this tool (http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm)

How do you access the videos via wifi?

Via third party phone apps.. The manufacturer recommends "finalcam" or "youmera" but there are some others out there as well.

0903 is still a vaporware. I payed MEG back in January and after weeks of delays and exuses had to request a refund.

Update from 3/1/16
The replacement GPS Mount finally arrived from Shenzhen Aichuangzhi Technology (WILLGOO) and the connector looks and works correctly.

This dash cam is so awesome. Many have waited for a Mini Dash Cam with a Super Capacitor and this one even has WiFi support! Youmera would not connect but I have it working with FinalCam. Unfortunately there are issues.
I have been testing the Mini 0903 Nanoq in my office (not in my car) so there are no heat issues from hot outdoor temperatures. The unit stops functioning mostly when connecting the WiFi. I am working to determine if this is a software issue, or just a problem with this unit. I don't think it is an overheating issue... yet.

Has anyone had issues like the following?
1. Turning ON the WiFi in the Menu will beep 2 times before locking the unit and powering OFF is the only way to restore function. Other times it will connect but all other functions stop working except recording and long pressing the right Down button for playback mode can sometimes lock the unit. When it does connect properly, everything works correctly and stays working. The symptoms I observe makes me think this is a software memory leak in the Menu code. More testing is needed.
3. Turning on the WiFi, when it works, always causes the left Mode and Indicator buttons to no longer work. Unit has to be powered off to restore function.
2. Long pressing the left indicator button does not to turn ON/OFF the WiFi as the manually says which would be very nice to have.

Does anyone know where to get the RegistratorViewer program? The www.registratorviewer.com site does not work anymore. I get the following message.
Unknown Host - "This server does not serve the host you are looking for"
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
blake, Install FinalCam from Google Play Store. Youmera would not connect for me. Next, open the app and prepare to add the nanoq WiFi network by pressing the + button in the up right corner of the screen. Then from the Mini 0903 Menu (long press the Up button), turn ON the WiFi. If it works you should see the nanoq WiFi network show up in the list. Select it and then enter the password 12345678 and press the ADD button. If you have issues you can also try connecting through the phone's WiFi setup menu. Hope this helps.

blake, Install FinalCam from Google Play Store. Youmera would not connect for me. Next, open the app and prepare to add the nanoq WiFi network by pressing the + button in the up right corner of the screen. Then from the Mini 0903 Menu (long press the Up button), turn ON the WiFi. If it works you should see the nanoq WiFi network show up in the list. Select it and then enter the password 12345678 and press the ADD button. If you have issues you can also try connecting through the phone's WiFi setup menu. Hope this helps.

"goview" is another third party wi fi app... I havenot tried it yet with Nano Q but maybe worth a look

I'm waiting for my order to arrive. Can't wait to compare with up coming a119.

Got the nanoQ today. So i set it up and gave a test drive.

Initial impressions are OK, the firmware is a long ways away from stable.

Wifi will lock the device up and its almost unbearable how slow the transfer speed is. 20+ min for 200mb. THATS IF it doesn't lock up. lol

Video quality on this firmware is poor. Not anywhere as good as the sample videos show. See screenshot.
Bitrate data of video:
Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 1920x1080, 11875 kb/s, 30 fps, 30 tbr, 30k tbn, 60k tbc (default)

I noticed that a few important settings can only be set via the companion app on the phone, like WDR and some other stuff. I noticed a setting for video that was 1M all the way up to 12M and i assumed that was "MEGAPIXELS" but i know this sensor is only able to handle 2. It was set to 3 default.

Hopefully the video quality stuff is fw related. The edges of the video suffer the most from "double vision" or blur. But the center is poor as well.

It may be a dirty windshield, I will have to wash car and double check. Here is video:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...566&authkey=!AF8xg9mD4j1EBeM&ithint=video,MOV

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2016-03-19 16-59-03.png
    Screenshot from 2016-03-19 16-59-03.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20160319-151801.png
    Screenshot_20160319-151801.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back