nanoQ 0903

Mine is about identical, the pins are springy and should move inwards to allow it to slide out, the ridge does stop it from falling out but shouldn't take much force. Are your pins OK?

Is that a prototype mount? They were going to do some redesign to make it lock in place more securely.

yes we made a new mold for the mount, the old lock system is not perfect in our test.

Looking at the second sample it does look like the focus isn't great, even with poor focus it's apparent they still have some work to do with firmware, will take some time, I don't know who they are using now as this is a different dev team to all the other 080x series products and not sure what sort of experience they have with this platform

if possible we would like to invite you for a factory visit, bro, you will hold in high esteem

There was some silicone on the lens base around the threads. I cut that off and twisted it clockwise while checking video output from my cellphone. Once it was clear ~14ft away from me i left it alone. I didnt bother to re-glue it as it required a lot of force to turn it.

if possible we suggest to use a TV via HDMI.
Also the lens base need to be replaced with a new model, we found the lens bases in pre-production cameras was supplied with a low level plastic, which should not happen. That is one of the reason we call back the pre-production cameras.
or, we can send a new lens base to you if you'd like to exchange it yourself?

Also the lens base need to be replaced with a new model, we found the lens bases in pre-production cameras was supplied with a low level plastic, which should not happen. That is one of the reason we call back the pre-production cameras.
Are these newer models available for purchase? If so where.

the new models were released from last week, so you can get them from the distributors soon.

Where did you buy it from ? and was it advertised as a " Pre Production " model ?

I purchased mine from here: http://www.diggcams.com/mini-0903nano-novatek-nt96655-sony-imx322-dash-cam-p-1399.html

Is the lens base easy to replace? I didnt see any screws or anything holding it in place but i wasn't focused on that part.

the new models were released from last week, so you can get them from the distributors soon.

How can one distinguish old (pre production) from new? Is there a serial number or version?

Lac

Taken from Diggcams site.....looks like yours slipped through the net?

Noted: The Nano Q/ Mini 0903 is the latest batch- Focus upgraded, support 64GB SD card and pins

Ebay & amazon has it. Search mini 0903. I ordered mine from estore009. Shipment enroute.
Yes,we confirmed that this is the latest batch from us!

Noted: The Nano Q/ Mini 0903 is the latest batch- Focus upgraded, support 64GB SD card and pins

may I know what is the meaning of ........ "pins"? :(

I'm not sure if I will have time, I will be in China from April 7th to 26th but a lot to do on this trip

ok, let's have a short chat on Global Source fair then try to find a time to discuss more in factory.

Is this a new firmware just posted on Diggcams....>-nanoQ.7z

It looks like a new firmware. Only a week apart.

My new install:
IMG_20160324_194819.jpg IMG_20160324_194911.jpg

Also, I added more videos:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B78WbV4NeotVbHRjTFlpZGxGb0E

My thoughts so far:

Like:
-video quality good
-good audio
-long power cord
-small, sturdy mount
-fast GPS lock
-no battery
-micro USB on both sides of the mount
-clicky buttons

Not so much:
-arrived DOA
-build quality could be better
-hard to remove from mount
-wifi host iffy (maybe my phone - using latest Android)

Other:
-SD card hard to eject (it is recessed too deep)

Software issues (firmware from 3/21/2016):
-GPS format on screen (decimal point in wrong place)
-display stays on and has to be turned off manually
-time zone setting (had to set it to -2, normally I am -5)
-HOT PIXELS! in night footage

Your daytime footage looks a little out of focus if you ask me. Are there any calibration engineers menu where you can calibrate the camera to solve the hot pixels like the Gitup.

Back