NanoQ Mini 0903 ****GPS Mount Problems**** Has Damaged The Camera

I always say the same thing over and over again with new dash cam models especially those from China - never buy the new product in its first month of release, otherwise you will probably be a guinea pig for their product. Better let other people be the guinea pig instead :p

Better let other people be the guinea pig instead :p

:p

GuineaPigPolice.jpg

quote-Lara-Flynn-Boyle-i-am-a-very-selfish-person-146746.png

a08494413b78fe5b90263976c36fe8a3.jpg

If you manage to bend in one go, then it should be fine. But if you start "fiddling" back and forth then yeah, it more likely can snap off. Re-focusing it's another 1/2-1h job. If vendor or manufacturer gives you a green light ( with no risk of loosing warranty in case smth goes wrong ) then it is worth to try to fix it, of you have time and patience for it.

for our cameras yes you can do any DIY work on it with a notice to us, no loosing warranty; BUT except solder work on PCBA which may cause major damage. (we ever got a 806PCBA which the user want to DIY a cable but left the solder iron on PCB too long, that PCB scraped.)
we are improving manufacturing and quality control but seems too many details may come unexpected. we are growing fast with those experiences.

Well the only safe way to have a dashcam removable in the car is to use a suction cup mounting, a lot of other typs of mounts are not
good enough for constantly removing and reinstalling the dashcam every time you use the thing.

Reason is that most connectors, even USB and so on, will wear out quick if you do it like that, they are not designed for abuse like that,
even the usb connectors on phones gets bad over time even though you do not use that to much. Here wireless charging would be a great
thing.

But of course, you would expect the connector to work a while anyway, and not to get broken after say ten to twenty times of removal

To be honest I don't no longer have the patience I'm a Industrial Electrician with a 2lb hammer and monkey wrench type of person. To disassemble the small NanoQ would only end in one way.
It is plain to see it is a manufacture design flaw and quality control issue but again I hope this is not at my expense?

I understand with new products there will be a few teething issues but on this occasion IE focus issue is still prominent ( As the Mini 0806 had ) no change even though I had confirmation from Diggcams that it was now sorted which is not the case.

I can not blame Diggcams but I can blame the manufacturer IE look at the number of 0806 that had focus problem me one of them and now again on the NanoQ 0903 QC same no change.
I specifically asked Diggcams about how concerned I was about the focus issue before I parted with my hard earned cash and he assured me via E Mail it was now sorted with this latest batch which obviously is not the case.

Date: 2016-03-21 10:40
To: Diggcams
Subject: Enquiry from Diggcams
Hi I forgot to ask you a very important question in regards to the Mini 0903 nano I have purchased from you .
My question is can you confirm it is the latest production model with the new lens base and no issues with focus problems as on the pre production models.

If you have any doubt please advise me as soon as possible.
I also sent you an E mail asking was the CPL filter also included in the sale.as it states so on your website as below but does not show in BOX CONTENTS LIST.

Taken from your Website ........"The Mini0903 / NanoQ uses a high dynamic range (HDR) to improve it's ability to record in low light conditions and also offers the ability to attach a circular polarising lens (CPL) to the lens using a simple magnetic ring (no need to clip or screw on). This can help to reduce glare which may otherwise impact video quality and is highly recommended for the UK. As such, this is included in all NanoQs we sell."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 10:56:52 +0800
To: ljw2k@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Enquiry from Diggcams

Hi yes we get the latest batch for Mini 0903- with the focus issues solved.

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Rayman.Chan I would appreciate it if you the manufacturer resolved this problem quickly and efficiently to restore my and others faith in your company by either:

1./ Sending me a new camera and mount only ( No need for cables & accessories ) arrange a courier to collect this faulty camera at your expense or arrange for Diggcams to send me a replacement.
2./ I can send to a VAT registered Electronics company ( UK ) and have them try fix it and send you there Invoice for any cost occurred by doing this to include postage and labour cost.
3./ Send me just the 1/2 of the motherboard with the GPS pins already attached and a new mount.

He should see the Alert top right when he logs in and I have also sent a conversation directing him back to this page.

He should see the Alert top right when he logs in and I have also sent a conversation directing him back to this page.

no because you didn't tag him correctly, the private message will work though anyway, was just trying to point out how to tag someone so they get a notification, you have a link to his user name but it's not a notification

I appreciate that Jokiin and please excuse me if I sounded rude it was not my intention.

@ljw2k,
please send me a PM with your adress&number&mail, our service girl will contact you

Hi Rayman, Details sent via Private Message.

Has anyone gotten gps connection issue? My mount seems to be in place. However at time my gps sat icon doesnt appear. I have to remove mount and re-snap ot back in and the gps sat will reappear. The mount doesnt seemed like it moved but the lost signal is a little anoying.

Has anyone gotten gps connection issue? My mount seems to be in place. However at time my gps sat icon doesnt appear. I have to remove mount and re-snap ot back in and the gps sat will reappear. The mount doesnt seemed like it moved but the lost signal is a little anoying.

Yes, I have not gotten GPS lock in several days. I ordered a new module and will test it...

Hi Rayman , I have heard nothing from your Service girl and no reply from my last PM I sent you.

I will send you another PM now and an E mail.

Regards Andrew

Last edited:
It worked briefly yesterday. Today, I tried taking the mount out and re-mounted it and not SAT signal. I drove over 100 miles today and no luck on the GPS. How disappointing. I re-start the unit every 30 min, but no signal. Does any one think I might have a defective GPS unit? TIA.

It worked briefly yesterday. Today, I tried taking the mount out and re-mounted it and not SAT signal. I drove over 100 miles today and no luck on the GPS. How disappointing. I re-start the unit every 30 min, but no signal. Does any one think I might have a defective GPS unit? TIA.
Check out my thread about GPS interference.

Check out my thread about GPS interference.
Which one is that? I droved for over 2 hr. It was a clear day and no clouds in the sky. I can understand if my phone gps and garmin couldnt pick up signal in conjunction with the nanoQ. However, only the nanoQ couldnt get signal all 2 hr.

Back