NanoQ Mini 0903 ****GPS Mount Problems**** Has Damaged The Camera

ljw2k

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Received my NanoQ Mini 0903 Dash Cam today from seller Diggcams ,it was delivered in a speedy manor with good communications.

Before I set out to do the installation in my car I started to set the camera up in house with the options I wanted and did not want like Display speed and 3 minute loop and so on.

Just before I get ready to install in my car looking around the camera and mount in more detail I found a bent pin on the camera where it attaches to the GPS base. On closer inspection of the camera and GPS base I found the plastic moulding around the 3 gold flat pins raised at one side and a raised piece of plastic which looks like the cause of the bent pin on the camera.

I am mortified now about sending it back to china as it would probably be uneconomical to do so as insured registered post to china is Very expensive as I have found out before especially when it is no fault of mine and it's obviously a manufacture defect.

I have Uploaded some pictures detailing the problem below.

Just looked at some video from the unit and it looks out of focus on the right side ....God Damn I thought they had upgraded there QC ( Quality Control ) since the Mini 0805/0806 models and I was assured from Diggicams that the focus issues had been sorted.

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 10:56:52 +0800
To: *****@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Enquiry from Diggcams

"Hi yes we get the latest batch for Mini 0903- with the focus issues solved."

I feel ya... At least yours turned on. My arrived dead.
I have to say this has been way more diy than I would expect.
First, my cam arrived dead then it was out of focus, then the CPL filter didn't fit, now the GPS module is acting up.
Also, it looks like the hardwire kit I waited for two months for will not quite fit with existing GPS mount...

The real test is the after sales and what can now be done to sort this problem quickly and efficiently with as little hassle and inconvenience as possible as sending the camera back to China would not be economical choice for me as postage from UK to China out ways the original cost of the camera.

I am hoping either Diggcams or Rayman.Chan ( manufacturer ) would send me a replacement unit out ASAP and pay for the return of this faulty item.

Received my NanoQ Mini 0903 Dash Cam today from seller Diggcams ,it was delivered in a speedy manor with good communications.

Before I set out to do the installation in my car I started to set the camera up in house with the options I wanted and did not want like Display speed and 3 minute loop and so on.

Just before I get ready to install in my car looking around the camera and mount in more detail I found a bent pin on the camera where it attaches to the GPS base. On closer inspection of the camera and GPS base I found the plastic moulding around the 3 gold flat pins raised at one side and a raised piece of plastic which looks like the cause of the bent pin on the camera.

I am mortified now about sending it back to china as it would probably be uneconomical to do so as insured registered post to china is Very expensive as I have found out before especially when it is no fault of mine and it's obviously a manufacture defect.

I have Uploaded some pictures detailing the problem below.

It looks like some part plastic need to be filed down on GPS mount in order not to force / push to bend spring-pins on the unit. Poor designer work.

It looks like some part plastic need to be filed down on GPS mount in order not to force / push to bend spring-pins on the unit. Poor designer work.

Exactly and I hope it is not going to be at my cost!

Exactly and I hope it is not going to be at my cost!

If this would happened to me, I would fix it. I guess it is max 1/2h job. This would save time, hassle and cost of returning. Need just to open main unit, "bend back" damaged connector and file down "excessive" plastic part on the GPS mount.

The trouble with doing that is it voids your warranty and having tried before on other electronics to bend pins back only for them to snap off completely so I am hesitant to try unless I send to you and you do it if you feel so confident in not damaging it any further. It also needs a re focus also.

The trouble with doing that is it voids your warranty and having tried before on other electronics to bend pins back only for them to snap off completely so I am hesitant to try unless I send to you and you do it if you feel so confident in not damaging it any further. It also needs a re focus also.

If you manage to bend in one go, then it should be fine. But if you start "fiddling" back and forth then yeah, it more likely can snap off. Re-focusing it's another 1/2-1h job. If vendor or manufacturer gives you a green light ( with no risk of loosing warranty in case smth goes wrong ) then it is worth to try to fix it, of you have time and patience for it.

I think it would be a waste of my time Niko being honest as it would no doubt weaken the soft fragile Brass type Pin trying to bend it back into shape it would almost certain break off in time if not trying to re shape it back to the V shape as the other 2.

I think best to wait for a solution from Rayman.Chan or Diggicams,

I think it would be a waste of my time Niko being honest as it would no doubt weaken the soft fragile Brass type Pin trying to bend it back into shape it would almost certain break off in time if not trying to re shape it back to the V shape as the other 2.

I think best to wait for a solution from Rayman.Chan or Diggicams,

If you don't try - you never know ;)
But of course from customer point of view, you don't have to do this job. However .... I am not trying to defend manufacturers, but I know when I am buying for cheaper price from abroad, I have to prepare myself for "unexpected losses" (@ loss of time, lack or delayed customer service support, possibility to fix myself / DIY ). This is the price we all pay when trying to save some buck when buying from abroad instead of buying locally. Yeah, local prices are much higher, majority here plays role of greedy taxes system ending up in total about +50% on top of what you pay from oversea, but at least you get local stock, local support, 2 year hassle free service and warranty. I don't try to be mean ( don't get me wrong , I say this to myself), - I ( you ) get what I (you) pay !

It's obvious that they still have a major manufacturing fault in there product even though I was told before I purchased it that all the problems had been solved including the focus issues which was my main concern at the time or purchase.

I am a Electrician by trade and already have a Brand new Mini 0806 in the drawer (Focus problems) and I know what your statement is saying about you get what you pay for but the Nano 0903 or should I say my Nano 0903 is not fit for purpose and they should at least check there other stock for this particular manufacturing problem before any more are released for public sale.

I can understand fully and accept fully if the unit was a sample for test and feedback but I paid my hard earned good money for a product that is not fit for purpose.

I'm sure Rayman.Chan will be keen to sort this problem as soon as possible and also appreciate the feedback which he is getting.

I couldn't agree more. I don't mind test and give feedback. I expected some software problems in the beginning.
However, it turns out that they still have major unresolved hardware design issues.

I was told before I purchased it that all the problems had been solved including the focus issues.

Yeah, if manufacturer made this statement.
Hope they resolve this issue quickly in your favour.

Hi Jokiin The @ symbol was a typo my bad :)

Niko it was the Seller Diggcams who re assured me that the issues had now been solved not the Manufacturer but diggcams must have had the all clear from the manufacturer to start selling to joe public.

Hi Jokiin The @ symbol was a typo my bad :)

Niko it was the Seller Diggcams who re assured me that the issues had now been solved not the Manufacturer but diggcams must have had the all clear from the manufacturer to start selling to joe public.

Yeah, I guess re-sellers got a "green light" from supplier / developer, they are only acting as a middle-man, so I guess all concerns must be forwarded to manufacturer via seller or directly.

I'm now in touch with the seller Diggcams who has replied to my email very promptly indeed and wants to send me a replacement unit and wants me to send this faulty one back which is where I have a problem and that problem is shipping costs back to china would be uneconomical for me to do.

I was hoping as the manufacturer who is a regular member of the forum can help me out here and come to some agreement with the seller to send a replacement camera.

Back