Near head on collision @ 100km/h (60m/h)

Glad to see you avoided the collision. There's always some muppet about!

In idiots defence, he was just past two lane passing area ( to the left) hence the driver on the left could have got buthurt for whatever reason and accelerated, not to allow finish overtake on their side of the road.

He was "long" past the the passing area (dotted yellow line). The 2 lane passing area is actually an on ramp for traffic coming off the overpass.

I meant 13s incident and lane merger end at 17s

In idiots defence, he was just past two lane passing area ( to the left) hence the driver on the left could have got buthurt for whatever reason and accelerated, not to allow finish overtake on their side of the road.

There is no defence... when overtaking you should always have an "abort" plan in place but in reality shouldn't be overtaking where there is not a clear safe margin to do so.

Two lane (road) merger... ;)
And yes, only excuse.

There is always a sign telling you the two lane system merges and ends...

I 'm inclined to agree with the drivers comments, for only a ".... idiot" would overtake at that point.

Let's say (for the argument sake) you are the driver, you see a slow car from a lane on your right, just about to merge on to "your" main road.... and all so sudden he never seen you and accelerated in to the (right) side of you, you step on a gas! ... And suddenly you are on the other side of the road, being recorded and called (appropriately) ...
Easily done or to end in situation ;)

Easily done by a "++++++ idiot"

and a shame to see it excused and explained rather "blasé" in this manner:rolleyes:

:D need to be fair! ;) and if you ever driven on country roads, full of trucks etc, you'd get as how easily could happen to almost anyone ;)

Am 45 minutes from a motorway .. no choice but to drive country roads..

Always amazes me how often I come across someone on the wrong side of the road on a blind bend or overtaking into one..

There is a time and a place to open a car up and most havnt a clue when that is !

No, you step on the brakes, especially if accelerating means you have to go into the opposing lane at the crest of a hill. There is a reason why it is always no passing when going up and at the top of a hill. That "must get in front" mentality is the root cause of many avoidable collisions.

KuoH

.... and all so sudden he never seen you and accelerated in to the (right) side of you, you step on a gas! ... And suddenly you are on the other side of the road...

If I was lawyer, I'd have the "idiot" not guilty based on reasoning of having another vehicle's front about to hit yours middle of an car....
:p

That is no excuse, as a side swipe would be a much less severe than a head on collision. IF the other car pushed yours into the opposing lane, then it's another story. However, if you chose to accelerate into oncoming traffic in order to avoid a minor collision with a car moving at relatively the same pace, then you would have demonstrated very poor judgement and at least be partially liable, or completely liable if the encroaching vehicle got away without touching you.

KuoH

If I was lawyer, I'd have the "idiot" not guilty based on reasoning of having another vehicle's front about to hit yours middle of an car....
:p

... IF the other car pushed yours into the opposing lane, then it's another story. However, if you chose to accelerate into oncoming traffic in order to avoid a minor collision with a car moving at relatively the same pace, then you would have demonstrated very poor judgement and at least be partially liable,
KuoH

And that is my case!...

Also, the case of everyone jumping on to an "f.. idiot" being placed into dangerous position, ignoring intensions of of third party!
Here by your Honour, I'd propose the case to have settled :p

I'm not seeing your case and I don't think you understand my point. The "idiot" was not "placed" into a dangerous position, he drove himself and others into a dangerous situation!

KuoH

And that is my case!

:D
Agreed to disagree!

I can't see any explanation for his position in the road other than him being a dangerous a-hole who never sees slowing down for safety as an option.
All of his side of the road leading up to the near-collision point was two cars wide. The car being overtaken was fully over to one side. The overtaker could have stayed on the correct side of the road and still overtaken.
Yet he chose to move completely into the wrong side of the road where there were double solid lines (I assume that means something there) on the approach to the brow of a hill with a bend, meaning no visibility.

If HE considered his overtake was so risky he had to move over that far, it was far too risky to do blind.

Always amazes me how often I come across someone on the wrong side of the road on a blind bend or overtaking into one..

I always think a good test of someone's driving is, what would happen if they met a clone of themselves driving the other way? The answer is painfully obvious sometimes.

Last edited:
Solid double line = passing is illegal. Dotted lines ie. - - - - - - allows the driver to pass via crossing over the line.

Back