Near head on

I bet some one is high on a Whole lot of drugs released by ther own body :eek:

And worst of all that oncomming truck dident even stop, just keep on going :mad:

Hope that guy will be stopped before he kill one or more ppl with his ignorant driving.

Last edited:
Wow! thank God everyone was unharmed. Without that dash video people wouldn't understand how close that was.

Not to mention it helps the driver of the truck that hit the guardrail defend the damage to his own vehicle to his employer, insurance company, etc. No wonder long-haul truckers use dash cams, they see it all. Nice quality video, BTW - it is striking to compare older dash cam video of a few years ago to more recent dash cams - they sure have improved, and will only get better.

Poor guy. Without the dash cam, no one would have believed him too.

Note that the trucker involved was identified after 'examining and enhancing the video' by police, and that the detachment commander commented that 'it was obvious from the video...that this incident could have easily resulted in much more tragic consequences.' Makes for a pretty good example in favor of dash cams! :)

They found him :) thank god.

Now we will have to see if Canadian lawmakers have made a law suitable for this ignorant driver.

BTW, it's interesting to read the comments section for the story - lots of people singing the praises of dash cams! :)

Man!....what a "gripping" video & end story...u can sure feel the occupants terror. Great posts.

edit...I just looked at what was over the rail on the passenger side....had the rail not kept them on the road....

It was just 10 seconds from the time they first saw the headlights to the trucks passing each other.

Last edited:
Horrific really :(

UPDATE on the bust

WINNIPEG – An Ontario driver faces several charges after a near-miss between two semi-trailer trucks that was captured by a dash cam.

Akmal Hayat, 31, from Milton, Ont., faces Ontario Highway Traffic Act charges of careless driving, failing to remain at the scene of the crash and failing to report the crash, the Ontario Provincial Police said Thursday in a news release.

Hayat, who was charged Wednesday, was allegedly the semi-trailer truck driver who attempted to pass a snowplow in the path of another semi-trailer truck on Ontario Highway 11 on Jan. 4.

Art Ginter, the Winnipeg driver of the other truck, captured the near miss on his dash cam and posted it on YouTube.

On the video, he can be heard yelling “No! No, no!” as the truck drives directly at him.

Ginter hit several guard posts on the right of the road in his efforts to avoid the oncoming truck, which wasn’t hit thanks to Ginter’s evasive action and which didn’t stop after Ginter crashed.

“Honestly, at first I didn’t really believe what I was seeing. I applied my brakes to try and slow down. If you see the video you can hear the terror in my voice. I didn’t how I was going to get out of it,” he said in an earlier interview. “I’m glad that I walked away from it. I have a wife and three kids at home. And I was just happy to be able to get home.”

ALSO

Provincial police say they have charged Akmal Hayat of Milton, Ont., with careless driving following a near-crash between two tractor-trailers on Highway 11 in northern Ontario last month.

The 31-year-old was also charged with failing to remain and report, contrary to the Highway Traffic Act, police said.

OPP tracked down Hayat after a video and audio recording of the incident was widely distributed on social media.

The video, which was recorded by a dashboard camera in the northbound truck, showed the northbound driver being forced to steer his vehicle into guardrails alongside Highway 11 to avoid a head-on collision with the oncoming tractor-trailer that was in the process of passing a snowplow. The driver of the oncoming transport truck continued south on Highway 11.

After examining and enhancing the video, OPP said they were able to identify the vehicle involved in the incident.

"I'm glad they have been able to identify the driver. Again, I did not do this to throw the driver under the bus, but I just wanted him identified for my insurance company," said Art Ginter, the driver whose dashboard camera captured the event, in a previous interview with CBC News.

In an earlier news release, Nipigon OPP detachment commander Staff Sgt. Randy Bye said, "it was obvious from the video ... that this incident could have easily resulted in much more tragic circumstances."

Bye said the investigation was a lengthy one, and involved 40 to 50 hours of work by members of three different platoons. He told CBC News that officers put in "a lot of legwork digging through company files and information ... there was a lot of time and effort."

This is an astonishing near crash of 2 tractor trailers and a snowplow in Ontario. What kind of idiot madman tractor trailer driver carrying a full load tries to pass a snowplow going uphill on a curve in these conditions? :eek:

Perhaps one of the most pants-****ting close calls ever seen on the road followed by one of the most harrowing screams imaginable.

Embedding has apparently been disabled so just click to watch on YouTube.

This video has already been posted and discussed

**** happen ;) no one is expected to remember all the videos posted.

I am pretty sure that view is the last one a driver of a semi wish to see, luckely the dumbass have been caught.

He was caught and evidently it was not a first time for this guy doing this kind of thing. They were already looking for him from previous complaint.

Back