near miss...

Impressive. But, to be correct, that was a near hit. A near miss would mean he nearly missed, and by definition, hit. I hear that all the time in news broadcasts, and it drives me nuts... "Two planes had near miss"... If that were the case, they would have hit.

Impressive. But, to be correct, that was a near hit. A near miss would mean he nearly missed, and by definition, hit. I hear that all the time in news broadcasts, and it drives me nuts... "Two planes had near miss"... If that were the case, they would have hit.

Had this conversation before to and I agree...a near miss is a hit.

Wooooo :eek: some one is NOT sleeping and driving :) nice save.

Very good reaction, which for sure saved driver and other passengers life. Truck driver who left his truck without hazard lights on or hazard warning triangle has to be jailed or heavily fined.
I am wondering what happened to the other car he took over just few sec. before this accident. Hopefully other car driver ( behind him ) also had same good reaction ?!

Within 24h clip has over 50K views.

Very good reaction, which for sure saved driver and other passengers life. Truck driver who left his truck without hazard lights on or hazard warning triangle has to be jailed or heavily fined.
I am wondering what happened to the other car he took over just few sec. before this accident. Hopefully other car driver ( behind him ) also had same good reaction ?!

Within 24h clip has over 50K views.
Assuming power is there.
My wife's car broke down in a snowy night on a highway and it wasn't due to mechanical failure but due to battery.
That means, no light of any kind.
Pretty scary but thankfully everyone was driving pretty slow due to snow and ice so no one hit her until the cops arrived to flash light behind her car. :eek:
After $250 towing the car, all I needed to do was replace a $65 battery. :mad:

it wasn't due to mechanical failure but due to battery.
That means, no light of any kind.

In that case rules and common sense says - use Hazard Triangle !
... otherwise you can kill other innocent drivers who has wife / husband, kids, relatives etc.

gevaren-driehoek.jpg

That is the reason why I stopped driving at night in Mexico ...

Too many trucks and cars with no rear lights ... :eek:

In that case rules and common sense says - use Hazard Triangle !
... otherwise you can kill other innocent drivers who has wife / husband, kids, relatives etc.

gevaren-driehoek.jpg
Yes, trucks/commercial vehicles carry those and should have used it.
Hopefully, there is no video of someone hitting it after the cammer nearly escaped.

Hey, that's from George Carlin's Jammin' in New York. :D

Yes, trucks/commercial vehicles carry those and should have used it.
Hopefully, there is no video of someone hitting it after the cammer nearly escaped.

To have hazard triangle in your car is requirement by law. It is specifically for those situations like you described ( due to battery fault). Also requirement to have first aid kit and neon vest in your car.
In some countries it is illegal to exit your car without neon vest if you stop your car on high-way. Maybe rules are different in US, I don't know? However I do support those extra precautions and some time silly requirements like wearing neon vest, because they are there save lives.

To have hazard triangle in your car is requirement by law. It is specifically for those situations like you described ( due to battery fault). Also requirement to have first aid kit and neon vest in your car.
In some countries it is illegal to exit your car without neon vest if you stop your car on high-way. Maybe rules are different in US, I don't know? However I do support those extra precautions and some time silly requirements like wearing neon vest, because they are there save lives.
I don't having a law like that here. Maybe there's for commercial vehicles.
I never had hazard reflectors but that's good to have in case.

Jesus that was close. The driver had great reactions and super eye sight.

I was just thinking the same. Though, maybe his camera has poor-er vision than natural sight? I know with my cams, especially since I have tint on my glass, I can see much better than the cameras can. Still, way to steer aggressively without losing control

I was just thinking the same. Though, maybe his camera has poor-er vision than natural sight? I know with my cams, especially since I have tint on my glass, I can see much better than the cameras can. Still, way to steer aggressively without losing control
I haven't seen a dashcam that is better than my eyes yet unless it has night/infrared vision.

The triangles are good, and here you have to have one as its the law.

But most ppl don't use them the right way, and so they put it up 20 M or less behind the car.
And sadly the electronic stuff the Americans have making good use of LEDs is not legal here though the police use sort of the same, but thats just another proof the law giving assembly here is completely out of touch with the real world.

Every car sold in India comes with a foldable triangle along with the tool kit. Never do you see one getting used though, very unfortunate.

Yeah.
Okay the gopro is not the best night performer, but the warrior G1S just trump that, BTW the same camera record H265 and a 5 minute file is a whole lot smaller than we are used to with the H264 cameras.

This video claim a 5 minutes recording is 2 MB on the SD card :eek:

More IMX291 cameras should be around the corner, both action cameras and dashcams.

Offcourse this do not make much change in night performance, sure you will see a lot more, but to do that the cameras still drop to slow exposure times so the more you do see will just have more motion blur when you are at speed in your car.

Anyways i still think its cool and i look forward to see the cameras.

Back