near miss...

Yeah.
Okay the gopro is not the best night performer, but the warrior G1S just trump that, BTW the same camera record H265 and a 5 minute file is a whole lot smaller than we are used to with the H264 cameras.

This video claim a 5 minutes recording is 2 MB on the SD card :eek:

More IMX291 cameras should be around the corner, both action cameras and dashcams.

Offcourse this do not make much change in night performance, sure you will see a lot more, but to do that the cameras still drop to slow exposure times so the more you do see will just have more motion blur when you are at speed in your car.

Anyways i still think its cool and i look forward to see the cameras.

As they advertise H265 can record on 32GB same amount as H264 on 80GB.

Last edited:
Yeah.
Okay the gopro is not the best night performer, but the warrior G1S just trump that, BTW the same camera record H265 and a 5 minute file is a whole lot smaller than we are used to with the H264 cameras.

This video claim a 5 minutes recording is 2 MB on the SD card :eek:

More IMX291 cameras should be around the corner, both action cameras and dashcams.

Offcourse this do not make much change in night performance, sure you will see a lot more, but to do that the cameras still drop to slow exposure times so the more you do see will just have more motion blur when you are at speed in your car.

Anyways i still think its cool and i look forward to see the cameras.
I don't believe. If file using H264 is 100 Mb then H265 will be 50 Mb. But it's enough for wifi dashcam can stream live a 20 Mb bitrate video without loss any data. :)

Should have had reflectors in the rear at the very least, I wonder if the cam cars lights are properly setup though, all to often i drive around and see headlights illuminating only 5 yards in front of them, they are supposed to be no more than 2% down for typical cars in the UK which should give you a decent range on low beam, I think people don't setup correctly because they feel that the light is lost as it makes little difference, but if we assume that the lorries reflectors were clean then that is exactly the reason for it being no more than 2% down, it might be lost to you driving but it will pick up reflectors.

Although in saying that projctor headlamps are even worse for not lighting up distant reflectors but 2% down is still quite a distance you should get

Author a video ran the car "Kia Forte" My English is terrible, hope you understand what I wanted to write :D

Author a video ran the car "Kia Forte" My English is terrible, hope you understand what I wanted to write :D

Forte = Fortune. Yeah, could be the case.

To have hazard triangle in your car is requirement by law. It is specifically for those situations like you described ( due to battery fault). Also requirement to have first aid kit and neon vest in your car.
In some countries it is illegal to exit your car without neon vest if you stop your car on high-way. Maybe rules are different in US, I don't know? However I do support those extra precautions and some time silly requirements like wearing neon vest, because they are there save lives.
I believe that's an european directive.
I have two hi-vis vests in the car because there are a lot of things I'm able to do myself by the roadside in case of a breakdown but sometimes I need a helping hand and I'm not confortable having the other person helping me without wearing one.

I believe that's an european directive.
I have two hi-vis vests in the car because there are a lot of things I'm able to do myself by the roadside in case of a breakdown but sometimes I need a helping hand and I'm not confortable having the other person helping me without wearing one.

Glad to see there are people who think with their own head, if government ( regulators ) don't !

Glad to see there are people who think with their own head, if government ( regulators ) don't !
Yeah, the bureaurats (the missing "c" is not a typo) think that everyone has to call roadside assistance even if the person knows how to and can solve the problem without having to call a tow truck.

Not in the U.K. niko.
Then I guess law should be changed.
I always have in the boot: hazard triangle, neon vest, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, tire repair kit, tools etc. Maybe it's the way I was brought up to tey to be ready to unexpected things.

Not in the U.K. niko.
I don't know about the UK but in most (if not all) european countries, new cars come stock with the triangle, so it's there even if it's not required by law.

Then I guess law should be changed.
I always have in the boot: hazard triangle, neon vest, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, tire repair kit, tools etc. Maybe it's the way I was brought up to tey to be ready to unexpected things.

I drive in Europe quite a bit so even though they are not a U.K. requirement, I always carry a hazard triangle, hi-vis vests, first aid kit, a set of replacement light bulbs and fuses, breathalyzer kit (required in France) and a spare wheel, wheel brace and jack, which a lot of modern cars don't have. Plus I have comprehensive European breakdown cover. And in France it's no good having your hi-vis vests in the boot, you have to be able to reach them without getting out of your vehicle.

The replacement light bulbs requirement is a bit of a joke. You have to carry them but have you ever tried to replace a light bulb at the roadside on a modern car? :eek:

The replacement light bulbs requirement is a bit of a joke. You have to carry them but have you ever tried to replace a light bulb at the roadside on a modern car? :eek:

yeah i tried to replace a headlight for a customer when i worked at an auto parts store. it was a pontiac G6. when i didn't see an obvious way to get to it under the hood, i checked the owner's manual. step one: REMOVE THE BUMPER. no joke: http://diy-auto-repair.wonderhowto.com/how-to/replace-headlight-bulb-pontiac-g6-0146411/

meanwhile, there are no requirements to carry any sort of gear like that in the US except for commercial vehicles. i've seen (but not bought because they were low quality) emergency kits that come with flares, triangles, first aid kits, jumper cables (usually really short, crappy ones made with like 10 gauge wire), and maybe a reflective sign that says HELP on one side and CALL POLICE on the other. i always have tire gauges, flashlights and a basic tool kit in each car in addition to the standard jack and lugwrench that come with the car. whenever i travel somewhere cold (well below freezing), i'll bring extra blankets, water, protein bars, tow straps and tire chains, but that's all.

This is what I had to do to my last BMW to fix a failed low beam headlight. The bulb was OK but the ballast unit that powered the bulb had failed and the only way to access it was by removing the front bumper.

DSC02426 R.jpg
DSC02428 R.jpg

Back