Need a New Dashcam

My Garmin Virb died on me just a few months after the one-year warranty expired. As such, I'm looking to buy a new dashcam. I have a 2013 BMW 5 series which I do not use as a daily vehicle. In addition, I drive rental vehicles very often. As such, I'm looking for a dashcam that is portable and that can be easily mounted.

Since my drives are usually longer and less frequent, I do not wish to run a power cord across my windshield. As well, I often travel so I'm looking for a high-quality dashcam as I like to save recordings of my drives in various cities. Currently, I'm leaning towards the Street Guardian SG9665GC at $276 Canadian. Alternatively, I'm also considering the GoPro Hero 3/4. Can anyone else provide some good recommendations for dashcams suitable for my needs (preferably available in Canada)?

I would suggest buying SG9665GC through amazon.ca with @Pier28 , he can give you a discount and best of all tax free.

Thanks everybody! I decided to go with dashtalk's suggestion of ordering the SG9665GC through Amazon as it seems to have the best night time performance.

Back