Need A118C help

graydog

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am trying to learn to use my new A118C dash cam. It has the most incomplete, confusing, contradictory instruction folder I have ever seen. So far I have mounted it, set the functions and tried it out. It says in the Manual Recording section "Press the <Power> button, and then the DVR is powered on and begins to record data automatically". When I do that, it turn off and quits recording after about a minute, so I set the mode of of the "Auto Power Off" to "Off". That didn't help.

Here are all my menu settings:
Resolution ======= 1080P
Loop Recording === 5 minute
WDR ===========Off
Motion Detector ===Off
Record Audio =====Off
Date Stamp =======Off
GPS ============Off
G SenTime Zone ===GMT6
Auto Power Off ====Off
Beep Sound =======On
Language =========English
TV Mode =========PAL
Frequency ========60 HZ
Screen Saver ====== 1 minute.................................Could this have caused it to quit recording?
Format: All data will be deleted.................................Choices of "CANCEL" or "OFF". I chose "CANCEL"
Default Setting: Return menu setting to defaults......Choices of "CANCEL" or "OFF". I chose "CANCEL"
Car #============2
Version===========A118C 20150403

Any help or comments will be appreciated. Thanks

Screen Saver ====== 1 minute.................................Could this have caused it to quit recording? ...
This will cause the screen to turn off but recording should continue. Are you sure that recording has stopped?

This will cause the screen to turn off but recording should continue. Are you sure that recording has stopped?
I'm not sure at all. I thought that if the screen was not showing video as I was driving, it was not recording. In instructions, there is no explanation for what the red "REC" light means. I just now read on another post here that the "REC" light blinking means it's recording. If that's so, what does it mean if it's on continuous?
Okay, I finally get it. Screen Saver means it turns the screen off in 1 minute, which is what I had it set at. ...... DUH......
I re-set Screen Saver to off for now. I also made these changes: Record Audio = On, Date Stamp = On.

I hooked it to my MacBook and could look at the recorded data but it would not download to the computer. Most of them were taken in the driveway when I thought it was off. That's why I turned off the motion detector and some other things so I could turn it on and off manually.

Thanks, DT MI. Now what about "what does it mean if REC light is on continuous?"

I never seen my Rec light on continuous mode, its always blinking

...Thanks, DT MI. Now what about "what does it mean if REC light is on continuous?"
I'll defer to @jokiin on this one. It's cold out and I don't feel like going out to my wife's car to play with it. :(

Did you format the memory card in the camera? That can sometimes cause issues, especially if you've had the card in a Mac. Macs do some things to the memory card that most dash cams don't like.

I never seen my Rec light on continuous mode, its always blinking
I found out that the little red REC light is on continuously if it is not recording (like when it can be be programed) and blinks when it is recording.

I found out that the little red REC light is on continuously if it is not recording (like when it can be be programed) and blinks when it is recording.
Whenever records it blinks. otherwise it's not recording when it stays on.

Hello. I have got a mini dash camera with some problem. There is 32Gb sd memocard installed.
Camera takes 5 minutes footages on it (385Mb each). However there is enough space the media player can read only 29 files.
The rest is "unknown media file" for media players. It makes MOV files. There is no any option in camera settings to
change size files or something...I have formatted all my class 10 SD cards.
If you have any advice I appreciate that.

Regards,
Laszlo

Back