Need Duo Cam options..maybe Lukas LK-7950 vs. BlackVue DR650GW-2C vs. ?????

Michael J

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am having a hard time deciding on a dual cam DVR system

What I am looking for:

Highest quality video for day and night (reading license plates also)
Wider the angle the better
WIFI
Parking mode

Nice to have a swivel in front in case I get pulled over and can record police or to record something on the side as I drive by.
Nice to have a swivel on the rear camera too as I have 2 dogs that are in the rear of the car and sometime would be nice to swivel around and just watch them on trips. (or maybe add a 3rd camera?)

The only drawbacks I see are that both cameras were introduced in 2014.. thats a long time in the electronics world. Not sure if there are any new versions of duo cam (front and rear) to look at.

Since my 2015 BMW X5 already has OEM front, rear and overhead cameras, I dont think I need an LCD screen. I would think I could use my Android phone or ipad for everything including live streaming if I wished. If anyone has opinions on this let me know.

Also, it would be nice if someone came out with a Speed Limit sign reader. BMW offered it but I opted not to get it at the time due to cost. Many times I am unsure what the speed limit is and that would be a great feature. I dont find collision or lane departure very useful for me.

Any feedback on these OR ANY OTHER OPTIONS..greatly appreciated!

Between those two I like form-factor / design of Blackvu, but per your requests I would go with Lukas if front camera size is ok for you. Lukas has better tech-support.
You also need to do some DIY swivel mounts to fit your needs.

What are your thoughts on running 2 separate cameras for max video?

Here is a comparing video to show you the differences between Lukas LK7950 and Blackvue 650. "Daily Driving"

In my point of view, the Lukas LK-7950 wifi will be more better in parking mode as it can record when there is just little of light coming as you can see in this video below. "Night Time". It is the old LK-7900 parking mode, and you can still see how clear in the night time when there is so little light. If you doesn't care much about the size of 7950.

On the other hand, BlackVue is good in that size and good in daily driving as you can see in the first video.

If you would like to run with 2 separate cameras with the Wifi and non touch screen and the size similar to BlackVue, then you can find other brand as well. like the Thinkware F750. Flexible if you want to try one first and purchase the second one later on.

I've just bought a Lukas 9750 installed it in a new fiesta usb cable from front to back is too short however camera quality is first class
I bought it from Netherlands English company was too expensive
It pays to shop around the prices vary a lot

Back