Need ideas or consulting (paid) on camera/interface project

Flintstone

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok I realize that I am new to this forum, however the reason I came to this forum is to find almost what OP is talking about doing. I need something that has 3 cameras with one facing forward, one facing rearward, and one wide angle lense that can cover both passenger and drivers sides extending preferably a few ft beyond the windows. All cams need to be linked to something that can send looped video recordings to an encrypted cloud service that is not accessible by local LE (I realize there is no way to keep feds out of it) the processing unit or recording unit I should say needs to work with US carriers, preferably more than just one, and be capable of sending video and audio from the instant activated (and send looped audio/video on device) by a panic button, motion detector front/rear when vehicle is off, and a shock sensor when the vehicle is moving. I need an app written that is simple and can send push notifications to Android and IOS platform smartphones and an interface that can be managed using Windows or chromium (if it was an android interface I can run it on any OS using bluestacks). All cams need to be minimal profile and or capable of actually being hid or incorporated into vehicle interiors. Temp ranges -30°f to 130°f. All components to run off vehicle battery and incorporate a lithium ion backup capable of running the units while sending video/audio for 1hr. Minimal resolution 1080p on front rear and 700 interior.

I need these soon, initial order would be 100 units half up front, half on delivery to the first person/company to demo a prototype that fits all criteria. Bonus points for GPS and time marked material as this is a want not mandatory.

I do not want any patent rights nor will I be selling these for profit of any kind and would have no issues with the manufacturer/developer selling them. All installation will happen on my end via someone that knows what the hell they are doing, recommendations would be great.

I replied in this thread because the OP was almost the right thing. I would like to know where to put this reply on this forum to be seen by the right people.. If a mod/admin could help out that would be great.

Thank you for your time.

perhaps something will come out that is close to your criteria that you can work with, maybe the product that is being propsed here, maybe something else, getting something like this done specifically for a 100 piece order though is not feasible

perhaps something will come out that is close to your criteria that you can work with, maybe the product that is being propsed here, maybe something else, getting something like this done specifically for a 100 piece order though is not feasible
100 units are the test for 2 months and if product passes this test it would expand to 1000 units. And did I mention pricing is not really that important? Anything is feasible when you pay for it. And I am and will pay someone to make quite a bit of money from something that I could do but do not have the time to do.

Also most of all the app/interface could use existing open source programs and I'm not asking for custom made anything. Figure out how to do this, using products in production and hook it to a damn cellphone for all I care. This is something that's really quite simple for anyone that has the time to do it.

100 units are the test for 2 months and if product passes this test it would expand to 1000 units. And did I mention pricing is not really that important? Anything is feasible when you pay for it. And I am and will pay someone to make quite a bit of money from something that I could do but do not have the time to do.

just talking from a manufacturing perspective you won't get someone to create a prototype on a promise of potential business, it's something you'd need to pay to get done, getting a 1,000 pieces of something made is possible but still expensive, the ROI on a new product of this type happens at around 10,000 pieces, the most cost/time effective way is if you can find a product that is already close to what you want and get it reworked to what you need, I can't say I know of a product currently available that is close enough to what you need for that to be an option, people are working on things all the time though so perhaps something will come along that's closer to the mark that you could work with

Are there Bluetooth cameras that can mount in a vehicle and let a phone take care of the rest? Samsung has written the software and I already use it in other areas. And my S7 has everything else I need to pull this off. I honestly didn't want to buy phones, and if I did it would be batch ordered straight from China. I need advice on the cameras and would be willing to pay for that even if someone knowledgeable wants a short consulting job.

not aware of anything currently available that meets your criteria with multiple cameras etc, maybe someone else will have some ideas on that

Okay let's say I can put together 10,000 unit initial run. Will that get interest? This is a time important job, and what I just put specs on is something very marketable. If I have to market some to get it made, so be it. I honestly wanted to not involve attorneys and money in amounts to involve other people I would have to use here but I am willing to do all of the above to someone who grasps the idea well enough and has the capability to make it happen in a relative short amount of time. I just don't see that happening on an initial run of 10,000 units and finding the installation will be a huge problem that I can't outsource as I can programming etc.

you wouldn't make 10,000 pieces straight up, that's just the point where you typically recover your development and tooling costs and it becomes profitable beyond that point, varies a bit by business model but just giving a broad picture of how it's done

typically for something like this you'd need to outlay money for tooling and development up front and commit to (aka, pay money for) 1,000 pieces to get going, initially you'd make a few pieces for prototype testing, look at what needs changing, next would come a 100 piece trial production, field testing etc, look at what needs to be reworked, if there's major rework you do the few pieces, 100 piece process again, if all good you do 500 pieces, look at any changes needed, do the next 500 if all good and then you're typically at 1k to 2k per production from that point on, once you hit 10k you typically get your tooling and dev fees back, if you don't go that far then you swallow the tooling and dev costs as a loss and amortise it into your 1000 piece cost and call it a day

This is why I didn't want to go production route as I would prefer this to slide by budgeting and be available very soon. For a production from pre-development to seeing my first product would be 6 months minimum and that's going to involve rather harsh tactics on my end involving accounting for an order of something that actually already exists. I want this because even after getting the product done I can have the open source software and apps tweaked again to where they work as planned and customize sensor settings and notification settings etc. As I said Samsung has the programs and app already and the app is open source. I can batch order kinetic sensors, basically I guess I need advice on a camera. In the new product department I saw something that fit the bill kind of but is WiFi? My phone is capable of WiFi sharing but honestly this camera stuff is way out of my league.

yeah I don't know of anything that suits for the bits you need right now to make it work with what you have, maybe someone else will have some ideas, might be better to start a new thread though as it's dragging this one off topic

The mobius 2 has been many months ( well over 6 months) in development trying to get the firmware working. The hardware may be easier than the software. Software might take more than 6 months even if the hardware was ready. Although I know very little I am aware that at times the hurry up and get it done method does not always give the result wanted. Sometimes time is required and a lot of it to get to a solid finished result.

The mobius 2 has been many months ( well over 6 months) in development trying to get the firmware working. The hardware may be easier than the software. Software might take more than 6 months even if the hardware was ready. Although I know very little I am aware that at times the hurry up and get it done method does not always give the result wanted. Sometimes time is required and a lot of it to get to a solid finished result.
Is programming all that's holding this project back? That is something I may be able to help with. Also I took discussion to https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...lting-paid-on-camera-interface-project.19306/ as I have derailed this one. Hopefully a mod/admin can clean this up.

Is programming all that's holding this project back? That is something I may be able to help with. Also I took discussion to https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...lting-paid-on-camera-interface-project.19306/ as I have derailed this one. Hopefully a mod/admin can clean this up.

The mobius 2 should be available on ebay on Thursday. It still has a wb issue but is ready to be sold. With the support of the mobius firmware upgrades that fact alone would not bother me.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34856537&postcount=18895

Back