Need recommendations for 64/128gb card for 9665gc

Damn Dirty Ape

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd like to upgrade the 32gb card in my 9665gc to a 64 or maybe 128. Can I get some suggestions from the SG guys please?

thank you

128gb cards can't be formatted in the camera which is a bit inconvenient, I have used 128gb PNY cards formatted appropriately, @wozzzzza uses 128gb cards as well but I don't recall which brand, 64gb cards would probably be better though, you can get MLC based memory and can also format in camera

I using a Kingston 64GB microSD XC in mine without any issues whatsoever. Make sure that you buy from somewhere reputable, there are many fakes out there on eBay!

I've been using a Transcend 64GB and PNY 64GB in my 2 GC's since early summer with no issues.

I use a Kingston and transcend 128gb card.

64Gb Lexar 300x works fine.

Ive been using the 64Gb Lexar 633x with no problems

I guess I'll go with PNY.

Maybe something has changed but I thought the loop recording only works with 32gb, so if you are using that to record it doesn't make sense to use anything higher.

Why would you want a 64gb or a 128gb?

Maybe something has changed but I thought the loop recording only works with 32gb, so if you are using that to record it doesn't make sense to use anything higher.

loop works on any size the camera supports

loop recording means it records multiple video clips one right after another until the card is full. Once the card is full the oldest video clip is overwritten by the newest one.

If you have 64GB, it will hold twice as many video clips as the 32GB before recycle/looping begins.
128GB is 4x as much.

Do you find it really necessary to record more than 32gb of data?

If you want to capture a whole entire road trip, some people prefer 64/128 (some businesses like to record the entire work day)
If you only care about capturing a single event, 32GB is plenty

Back