• Street Guardian SG9665GC v2

• Viofo A119

Results are only viewable after voting.

De Usman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

I need help in deciding which dashcam to buy, I have come to my final 2 dashcams, both are great. A119 is cheaper and is 2k, whereas Street Guardian SG9665GC V2 is only 1080p (StreetGuardian has been very kind to offer me a discount for their DashCam)

Basically, what I am looking for is great day and night video, with super sound recording.

Please vote to help me decide, Thank You.

Off the top of my head, PLUSES for SG9665GC:

The native 1080P sensor on the SG9665GC has larger pixels and that's what results in good night performance (Plus expert firmware tuning)

The 2K'ish slightly higher res sensors of other cameras usually capture more sky than anything (not always helpful)

Audio quality is as good as it gets on the SG9665GC

SG9665GC metal lens housing is ideal for long term resistance to focus shift in heat/cold and other components are extra reliable long term

SG9665GC supports larger cards up to 200GB natively (format in the camera)

GPS is included

CPL option is available today and is planned on being a standard accessory future re-tolled GC models in the future

You get a 1 year no hassle advance replacement warranty

More accessories are included such as the OTG Android compatible card reader etc.

active firmware development, new features and IQ improvements ongoing

Last edited:
But, is the video & audio quality of A119 and SG9665GC the same. I understand all the technical differences, but is there a major difference in video quality of A119 and SG9665GC?

I mean if they both produce the same video quality, then obviously A119 would be the best bet. I do not mind paying extra for SG9665GC, but for that it should provide better video and functions than A119.

I also understand that SG9665GC might be a better built, but are there any issues so far reported for A119 built quality and reliability?

But, is the video & audio quality of A119 and SG9665GC the same.

I have never compared them, plenty of users are happy with their A119 results, check the sample videos posted here, if it meets your requirements/expectations then buy it I guess

The SG is more fully developed, has a long track record of good service, and has the best CS you can get. The A119 s still developing and could rival the SG but that hasn't been seen yet, and has better than average CS. Balance those against price. If you must have the best right now go with the SG, but if the A119c looks (and sounds) good enough for you it might be the better deal in the end.

I have no experience with either cam so I'm basing this on the same info you can find yourself. I'm not sure that I'd trust an open vote because most voters would be like me without actual experience. In the end the choice is yours but I don't believe either choice is a bad one.

Phil

For someone to vote with any authority they'd really need to have both which I suspect is a very small subset of users at best, even then it would be influenced by what those persons felt was more important to them, I don't think there's a right or wrong answer either way

I can't recommend either. In the past I've personally been drawn to SG's proven quality - though it's out of my price range and I've not purchased one - yet. I'd would ask you ask yourself - do you need 2k? I believe 1080P - good 1080p - will do you fine. Unless your intent is other than to prove who is at fault in an accident, I feel 2k is a little bit overkill. A higher framerate on a decent resolution is more beneficial - IMHO, of course.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well, I really appreciate all the input from different members here.

I did go ahead and place the order for A119, there are only two reason why I chose A119 right now:

1:It is cheaper, it did cost me $155 including taxes and a 128Gb Memory Card ( This price also includes the discount that i received from SPYTEC, thankyou SpyTec).
2:SpyTec has a 30 days hassle free return policy, so lets say if I do not like its video quality, I can easily return it back to Spytech.'

I will post videos once I receive the A119.

Thank You everyone once again.

Bear in mind that it's cheaper for a reason.

I was in the same position as yoiu a few weeks ago. I went with the SG, and cannot fault it at all. it's very compact and discrete, comes with a megaload of accessories and fitting. Customer support on the fourms is first class, as is ongoing firmware development. There was no conparison in the end.

I went with the SG, and cannot fault it at all. it's very compact and discrete, comes with a megaload of accessories and fitting. Customer support on the fourms is first class, as is ongoing firmware development. There was no conparison in the end.
+1

@viofo
If you go to Viofo.com and look under support, I can only see one firmware update (a119) to all the camera there have produced.
I don't know if there keep firmware update after the camera get into production, but its not easy to find.

I run a IMX322 in the GC and an OV4689 in a G90C but nightvids are hardly comparable, Big pixels rule!

2:SpyTec has a 30 days hassle free return policy
That's a plus. The SG team's customer support is bordering on harassment so I fully understand!
Can't post a problem or remark here without them being all over it within 15 minutes! ;)

Back