New announcement on Instagram

Isn't today series 2 release date ?

And listed on Halfords site

I went to NB to download the manual but the 'manuals' links just take me to pictures of accessories.

WIP

I wonder if my exciting hard wire kit will work for the new models? since currently i have the 412GW

I wonder if my exciting hard wire kit will work for the new models? since currently i have the 412GW

The fittings on my 612GW will fit the 422GW so I expect the answer will be yes.

I can’t see any of the new series dash cams on Argos, Halfords or curry’s etc yet

They are, or were, on Halfords this morning.

I'm looking forward to seeing them in the flesh to test the ball joint.

Edit, Halfords, still there.

There is no ball jointthat attaches directly - it uses a unique magnet to attach to the body from the mount (which has a ball for angling of course).

Last edited:
The rear camera module looks to have some sort of 3.5mm jack cable hard wired into it, on halfords site.
Why not just a usb like previous cables?
Can't be bothered to rip into my liner again, for another cable.
And then if the camera goes bad, the cable will have to be fished out at some point.

I believe the power lead is the same as on the Series 1 models. The modules plug in with the smaller plug and sockets design..

There is no ball jointthat attaches directly - it uses a unique magnet to attach to the body from the mount (which has a ball for angling of course).

It's that ball I mean. The one that allows the main camera body to be angled correctly. I'm wondering that if you drive over uneven surfaces will that produce any vibration given the ball is supporting the whole camera weight, horizontally.

My Garmin SatNav is supported horizontally on a ball and that vibrates slightly over uneven surfaces. Doesn't matter for that though.

I've been spoilt by the 380 where the body, the weight, is held firmly and just the light weight of the lens is on a ball which = zero vibration and a mounting solution that means only the small lens pokes out from under the black windscreen dots. If only the 380 was QuadHD and had a dedicated CPL.

Last edited:
Had anyone purchased any of the new series 2 dash cams yet? I wanted to see what the users feedback was with the mounts etc before deciding on what to purchase

I was expecting some sort of fanfare here but it's all gone very quiet.

I'm ordering one. I will check it all out for you when I get it.

I picked a 522gw up at Halfords yesterday. Feels sturdier than the 512gw and much more compact, hides behind the rear view mirror nicely. Much better touchscreen. Good picture. Can’t comment on the iOS / Alexa connectivity yet as the Mynextbase Connect app isn’t yet released on the App Store (was told it will be a couple of days waiting on Apple).

Thanks for the feedback, I’d be contemplating between the 442/522gw then

HJ likes the 222. Interesting info about longer battery life, that was always a concern given the series 1 posts here.

Back