New announcement on Instagram

Looks good think I may purchase the 422gw instead of the 522gw & buy a nextbase hardwire kit off eBay for under £15

I've just ser up my 522gw and will get some footage up soon of tyst hopefully day and night.

Build feels a lot more solid than older series 1 cameras.

The touchscreen is a lot better although still not on par with a phone touch screen, sometimes it takes a second press to select something.

Mount seems pretty sturdy but only time will tell.

Does seem to generate quite some heat from it though which may be a concern in the long run.

The rear view zoom module seems good although it's never going to be as good as a rear mounted camera on the rear screen. Although being inside the car may help with rear sun glare and headlight glare from behind maybe.

Menus are a lot better and just seems more polished.

App mostly seems to work fine although some gripes with it in my opinion and still getting to grips with features like Alexa but not convinced I will use those features in the long run.

I may also decide to change to the rear camera on the screen at some point if I feel it would be better than the rear zoom module.

I'm using the sucker mount at the moment before I stick it in permanently but can't seem to get the mount to click in fully to the sucker part of the mount but don't want to force it and brake soenthing.

That's my thoughts and impressions so far that I can think of.

Hi to you to... Lol

Back