New Beta Firmware V2.2 for A129 Duo

Doesn’t say ”fixes parking mode fiascos”?
Completely agree with your point here. The whole point of the update log is to let us know what's been addressed / changed. It's almost like they're not acknowledging the issue in 2.0 which absolutely existed. As an installer a problem like this could have wasted a bit of time if questioning the correct install of the HK3.

Have updated to 2.1, so over the next week or so will test and update here if there is further faults with firmware.

Re. the delay when entering parking mode, my guess is purely to avoid as many locked files occurring when leaving the car and closing the door. In park mode you can have sensitivity set to high (preferred setting), which a closing door would absolutely trigger. While in normal record mode, sensitivity can be set to low (preferred setting here so as rough roads don't trigger unnecessarily). This is the only reason that comes to mind.

What is station mode and for what is using this new mode sorry for my bad preschool level entry

Ps: who can find old firmware 1.9 is possible downgrade from v2.1 to 1.9
I have V1.9 for A129 DUO on my computer. If you need a copy emailed, just shoot me a PM.

I'm actually glad I had this as I had to revert back from the dodgy 2.0. I had no idea how long 2.1 was going to take to be released.

What is station mode and for what is using this new mode sorry for my bad preschool level entry

Ps: who can find old firmware 1.9 is possible downgrade from v2.1 to 1.9

If your using Auto Detection Mode, it's technically still recording, just not to the memory card (assuming motion has not been sensed). I'm sure there is some power savings, just doubt that it would be that advantageous.
Maybe if it was buffered, it should be powered, but if not, the whole video module should be off.
Should be around 20mAh difference at best
I an telling you, because I measured the difference between recording to the card and not, the difference of consumption is felt in the voltage of the hardwire kit... there is a good difference. I did the measurements a few months ago, i can't remember the values...maybe I should do it again.

Other big manufacturers, like Thinkware, have this option, I am sure they did not put it there because they are stupid ;)

im very happy with U1000 im sick of paying for cheaper cameras as in the end just get one good one. very happy atm - no issues what so ever and footage is great.
i hope for you that your U1000 work fine because my F800 pro after 2 year, stopped working and there is not assistance (even if it exists)

Sorry but why is it listed as one of the best dashcam if the firmware is not good?

Sorry but why is it listed as one of the best dashcam if the firmware is not good?
Video quality. Particularly at night. Compact wedge design.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

FW2.1. Today've started auto after parking (Motion detection mode) and catched beeping/blinking without recording. After 2min beeping has to click manually Rec button. In LowBitrate mode no any issues.

FW2.1. Today've started auto after parking (Motion detection mode) and catched beeping/blinking without recording. After 2min beeping has to click manually Rec button. In LowBitrate mode no any issues.
Same behaviour. Sometimes the camera seems to stop recording instead of switching between parking and driving modes. Same "fix" - I have to press Menu button again to resume recording.
Can you confirm the version information shows v1.9 T2 on your dashcam as well?

shows v1.9 T2 on your dashcam as well?
Can not confirm version #.
I see 2.1 in menu.
20200810_201922.jpg
P.S. Now's downloaded again to check possible file replacement on site, - the same 2.1.
It's funny, but i has the same effect a year ago.

Last edited:
Can not confirm version #.
I see 2.1 in menu.
View attachment 52932
P.S. Now's downloaded again to check possible file replacement on site, - the same 2.1.
It's funny, but i has the same effect a year ago.
I confirm. Downloaded the latest FW file from Viofo and it shows 2.1. So far seems to be working fine, menus are responsive and the G-Sensor seems to be working.
Anyone knows what "Parking recording timer" does?
@viofo - it would be very useful to have the manuals updated for each firmware version.

Anyone knows what "Parking recording timer" does?
@viofo - it would be very useful to have the manuals updated for each firmware version.

It's the timer to turn off parking mode. The default should be 24 hours, meaning, 24 hours after it enters parking mode, it will turn off.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

FW 2.1, found great issue - sometimes it does not enter in Normal mode after parking (HWK), so catched giant gap in recording. The same with AutoDetection or LowBitrate parkmode. FW 1.9 is now again Ok.

It's the timer to turn off parking mode. The default should be 24 hours, meaning, 24 hours after it enters parking mode, it will turn off.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
An "On" should set it to unlimited, right?

Back