New Beta Firmware V2.2 for A129 Duo

Thank you for sharing. Would try next time when viofo properly document the changes. I upgraded from V2.1 to V2.2 20201217 to try out for now.
I use version 1.9 and find its reliable.
You can down grade firmware version.
Is there any reason you want the latest firmware?

Is there any reason you want the latest firmware

Is there any reason you want the latest firmware?
Old version is fine but I need parking mode. I have cellink connected. Where is the v1.9 that is stable?

Not sure if there are different v1.9 like the v2.2 we have seen here.

Viofo has serious versioning issue, unless we are missing something.
That doesn’t fill me with confidence! How hard can it be to make it correctly when released?

So which is the newest (or best) as I think mine is on v1.5 that it came with.

My Duo is hard wired and I use parking mode

V2.2 20201217=FWA129.bin
V2.2 20210908=FWA129N.bin
V2.3 20200328=FWA129.bin
What is the N bit? and which is which then, as in which is the newest to use?

Thanks

What is the N bit? and which is which then, as in which is the newest to use?
What the letter H stands for I don't know. Maybe version 2.2 is new... :unsure:
Look at the release date, which firmware was released later, that one is fresh.

Old version is fine but I need parking mode. I have cellink connected. Where is the v1.9 that is stable?

Not sure if there are different v1.9 like the v2.2 we have seen here.

I use parking mode but via the cigarette lighter power. It goes into parking mode when the car is stationary while idling.

I received some updates from viofo support. The FWA129N firmware is only for newer batches of A129 cameras.

V2.3 changelog is also published.

1652348853172.png

The very "last oficcial release" v2.3_20200328 is a'la fresh fake - it's just 2020 year old v2.3 version.
File content comparision this fact shows:
v2.3.JPG
The newer the worse...
The most reliable version is still 1.5.

Last edited:
The very "last oficcial release" v2.3_20200328 is a'la fresh fake - it's just 2020 year old v2.3 version.
File content comparision shows this fact;
View attachment 60549

So why is this? What is going on? More confusion….

So as of today which so you download, and is it worth it? I have a Duo and still on v1.5

So why is this? What is going on? More confusion….

So as of today which so you download, and is it worth it? I have a Duo and still on v1.5
@Hsolver Your link appears to be broken.
1653341590318.png

2.2 introduces parking mode timer and I need an explanation... If I have HK3 and I set the time for e.g. 8 hours then the camera will ignore HK3 and record regardless of the voltage for 8 hours ?
Or should I set the parking mode timer to off?

2.2 introduces parking mode timer and I need an explanation... If I have HK3 and I set the time for e.g. 8 hours then the camera will ignore HK3 and record regardless of the voltage for 8 hours ?
Or should I set the parking mode timer to off?
If the voltage drops below the set point before the 8 hours, then the camera will shut off.

Thank you.
Well this firmware gives me some issue with wifi. When I try to turn it on it gives "AP Wi-Fi Connecting:fail" message...
Should I downgrade to 1.9 or there is any solution?

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks for the discussion on the 2.3 firmware. I upgraded, device shows 2.3 and I can now use my exFat formatted 512gb Samsung Evo+ card. Wifi and everything else appear to be working as well. It's only been a day so we'll see what the longevity is.

Just wanted to say thanks for the discussion on the 2.3 firmware. I upgraded, device shows 2.3 and I can now use my exFat formatted 512gb Samsung Evo+ card. Wifi and everything else appear to be working as well. It's only been a day so we'll see what the longevity is.

And I joined to say thanks to you talon, for mentioning firmware v2.3 and that it works with 512GB microSD now; v1.9 did not. I upgraded my A129 Duo to v2.3 and now it works with 512GB Samsung EVO microSD.

I also went ahead and tested Amazon Basics 1TB microSD with v2.3 and it appears to be working as well. That's a lot of footage, happy days!

A129_V2.3_1TB.png

And I joined to say thanks to you talon, for mentioning firmware v2.3 and that it works with 512GB microSD now; v1.9 did not. I upgraded my A129 Duo to v2.3 and now it works with 512GB Samsung EVO microSD.

I also went ahead and tested Amazon Basics 1TB microSD with v2.3 and it appears to be working as well. That's a lot of footage, happy days!

View attachment 61665

I actually spoke to soon but forgot to come back and update. My camera just constantly beeps and keeps creating locked videos. I'll find like 10-15/day and all created while driving. I turned down or off all sensitivity settings, didn't make a difference. Reset the entire camera multiple times, no change. I tried a 256gb Samsung Pro card, no change. Reformatted both cards as FAT32 and exFAT (using the recommended formatter and the camera itself), no change. Downgraded to the modified 1.90 f/w and put back in my 128gb card and it's still creating locked files. I don't think it's a hardware issue because I didn't have any issues until upgrading. Have to play around with it a bit more and hopefully figure it out. Kind of frustrating have a larger card that quickly gets filled with locked files.

I actually spoke to soon but forgot to come back and update. My camera just constantly beeps and keeps creating locked videos. I'll find like 10-15/day and all created while driving. I turned down or off all sensitivity settings, didn't make a difference. Reset the entire camera multiple times, no change. I tried a 256gb Samsung Pro card, no change. Reformatted both cards as FAT32 and exFAT (using the recommended formatter and the camera itself), no change. Downgraded to the modified 1.90 f/w and put back in my 128gb card and it's still creating locked files. I don't think it's a hardware issue because I didn't have any issues until upgrading. Have to play around with it a bit more and hopefully figure it out. Kind of frustrating have a larger card that quickly gets filled with locked files.
Anytime you update or downgrade your firmware, be sure to go into the settings and manually default the cameras settings. After defaulting, press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about five seconds.

That's not good. I'll test out mine for a bit and report back.

Anytime you update or downgrade your firmware, be sure to go into the settings and manually default the cameras settings. After defaulting, press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about five seconds.

I never even noticed that reset button. Thanks!

I have run into yet another issue. I was going to put the latest firmware back on but the camera has somehow managed to write protect my 256gb card. I have tried every trick out there to remove the write protect and nothing works. Now I can't format the card or copy the f/w file to it. WTF!

I never even noticed that reset button. Thanks!

I have run into yet another issue. I was going to put the latest firmware back on but the camera has somehow managed to write protect my 256gb card. I have tried every trick out there to remove the write protect and nothing works. Now I can't format the card or copy the f/w file to it. WTF!
Once it’s protected, it’s junk. You’ll need to use another card. What card was it?

Back