New Beta Firmware V2.2 for A129 Duo

yes i understand it is beta however can viofo confirm so? @VIOFO-Support would normally post here so i cant see no viofo post on this firmware.

It's beta version firmware which still under testing and improving procedure. When the final version confirmed will post on website, thanks.

Thanks for all advices guys[emoji106].

For those interested in trying this beta version, there are a few changes you should know. I will be testing my setup with Low Bitrate mode, but I assume the other modes will be similar. Be sure to load the loader file first (then remove the loader file and install the firmware). Manually default the cameras settings after the update, then press and hold the reset button for about 5 seconds (not sure pressing the reset button is necessary, but I always do it and it does seems to affect some of those that do not).

1) There is now a Parking Mode folder. All parking mode files will go into this folder, except those triggered by g-sensor. G-sensor parking mode files still go into the RO folder.

2) It appears all parking mode files are now 30 minutes long (assuming you were parked long enough to create 30 minutes of video). It does not matter what you have looping set to. If you are parked for 2 hours, you will have four 30 minute files in the Parking Mode folder. They are still labeled PF and PR at the end at their names. If the g-sensor is triggered or you press the ! button, 30 minutes worth of video will be saved to the RO folder. All this is apparently to help fix the beeping/file management issue (I'm assuming).

3) There is now a Parking Mode Timer setting. I forget the available options, but 24 hours is currently the max. I assume after 24 hours, the camera will power down, but not sure.

4) There is a 90 second delay from when the engine is shut off to when the camera enters parking mode. This was 3 minutes in the beta version released a few months back.

Bill asked me to test using the card formatted in exFat (which will work), but when you format the card inside the camera it just formats back to Fat32, so I'll test in Fat32 for now. I guess the A129 Pro will be able to format the card to exFat in the next update, but the A129 chipset cannot at the moment. Bill said they are inquiring with Novatek to see if this will be an option for the A129 in the future.

There may be some other changes, but I have not gone through all the settings yet.

Last edited:
For those interested in trying this beta version, there are a few changes you should know. I will be testing my setup with Low Bitrate mode, but I assume the other modes will be similar. Be sure to load the loader file first (then remove the loader file and install the firmware). Manually default the cameras settings after the update, then press and hold the reset button for about 5 seconds (not sure pressing the reset button is necessary, but I always do it and it does seems to affect some of those that do not).

1) There is now a Parking Mode folder. All parking mode files will go into this folder, except those triggered by g-sensor. G-sensor parking mode files still go into the RO folder.

2) It appears all parking mode files are now 30 minutes long (assuming you were parked long enough to create 30 minutes of video). It does not matter what you have looping set to. If you are parked for 2 hours, you will have four 30 minute files in the Parking Mode folder. They are still labeled PF and PR at the end at their names. If the g-sensor is triggered or you press the ! button, 30 minutes worth of video will be saved to the RO folder. All this is apparently to help fix the beeping/file management issue (I'm assuming).

3) There is now a Parking Mode Timer setting. I forget the available options, but 24 hours is currently the max. I assume after 24 hours, the camera will power down, but not sure.

Bill asked me to test using the card formatted in exFat (which will work), but when you format the card inside the camera it just formats back to Fat32, so I'll test in Fat32 for now. I guess the A129 Pro will be able to format the card to exFat in the next update, but the A129 chipset cannot at the moment. Bill said they are inquiring with Novatek to see if this will be an option for the A129 in the future.

There may be some other changes, but I have not gone through all the settings yet.
Thanks for details you provided.
Do you think with above steps it would be stable for parking?
I can try using exFat as have 128GB card and can format using laptop.

Thanks for details you provided.
Do you think with above steps it would be stable for parking?
I can try using exFat as have 128GB card and can format using laptop.
Not sure on stability yet, as I only tested it for a few days before removing it. I'm gonna try to install it again today, now that I know what to expect.

Probably it's around this FW 2.2:
(LDA->FWA->Factory Reset)
----
1) Update VR by LDA129.bin file;
2) Update VR by FWA129.bin file;
3) Make Factory Reset;
4) Format SD card.

I would like to test out the beta version. Anyone has a new link? This one has expired.

so I'll test in Fat32 for now.
I recommend that everyone uses exFAT with the new firmware, it was added to improve memory card performance and lifespan, there may well be some cards that work fine with exFAT but cause beeps with FAT32, especially once the card has had some wear.

I recommend that everyone uses exFAT with the new firmware, it was added to improve memory card performance and lifespan, there may well be some cards that work fine with exFAT but cause beeps with FAT32, especially once the card has had some wear.
Pulled the card yesterday to check out the files as is heard a few beeps while driving, card was still formatted to exFat. Had a few truncated files. Card was a Viofo 128GB. Formatted with SDFormatter (full overwrite) and will test again.

Reactions: Mtz
Wait a few days for official FW - it's on the way.
I am new to this website as well as owning a dash cam. I am however familiar with Android and rooting /changing software and kernels. Has there been an official update or is the beta still current? If so could I please get a link to test

I don't know how to use the link I have on email!
I have tried a usb-c to s d card reader from Apple but tells me no file to download! But there are because I view on camera. Asked for advice on the Apple forum,was told it doesn’t recognise fat 32 ! Another wast of money!

Back