New Beta Firmware V2.2 for A129 Duo

I have tried a usb-c to s d card reader from Apple but tells me no file to download! But there are because I view on camera. Asked for advice on the Apple forum,was told it doesn’t recognise fat 32 ! Another wast of money!
Apple can view FAT32 no problem

I have tried a usb-c to s d card reader from Apple but tells me no file to download! But there are because I view on camera. Asked for advice on the Apple forum,was told it doesn’t recognise fat 32 ! Another wast of money!
We learn something new every day!

Maybe you can ask someone else to put the firmware upgrade file on the FAT32 card for you?
With the new firmware you can use exFAT, so the Apple products will be able to see the files.
Only thing you won't be able to do is upgrade the firmware, which is what you bought the card reader for!

Make sure the file name is exactly this - FWA129.bin
Also, the file should be present in SD Card's root directory

Make sure the file name is exactly this - FWA129.bin
Also, the file should be present in SD Card's root directory
After treating my self to new all singing Retina whats it ! iPad Pro and invested more money in a SD card reader! I now find myself unable to even view my simple Dashcam video’s !!!!
Has anyone else had the same problem or is just me !
Any help or advise would be greatfully received!

After treating my self to new all singing Retina whats it ! iPad Pro and invested more money in a SD card reader! I now find myself unable to even view my simple Dashcam video’s !!!!
Has anyone else had the same problem or is just me !
Any help or advise would be greatfully received!
After getting in touch with Apple support they finally confirmed that the I pad was not compatible reading the card in Fat32 format ! And agreed to refund me for the card reader ! Which has gone back .

Anyways I bit the bullet and ordered a thinkware u1000 think they will provide more software updates lol

For supporting upgrading firmware with exFat card, need upgrade the loader.

Hi @viofo , and any ETA for the final version?
For the A129 Duo, the big change is we added Wi-Fi client mode on this new firmware.

And try to optimizing the parking mode to solve the beeping issue, if we can confirm the parking recording beeping issue fixed, we can release the firmware.

Latest version is V2.3.
What changes were made from V2.2 to V2.3?

Is Viofo thinking the parking mode beeping issue (users return to their cars with the camera beeping) and random beeping in regular driving mode are the same issue? If one is fixed, then so is the other?

Last edited:
So is there any confirmation specifically on how the buffered event parking mode is functioning with the v2.x firmwares?
Is there a changelog somewhere of whats different/new in the new beta over 1,9?

Mine mostly detected movements fine enough but I ended up dropping back to an old firmware and switching to low bitrate mode because even though it seemed that event mode worked relatively fine for me, if something was moving for longer than the short record time of the initial event (which seemed limited to 15-20 seconds including the buffer), it wouldn't keep recording it'd stop then maybe 15-20 seconds later, get triggered again and record, repeating that sequence of only saving every second video (which kinda sucks, cant be loosing 20 seconds of video when something happens).

If thats specific issue is fixed i'd be super happy with this cam! (Considering i had an original A119 and the non-buffered event mode always worked perfectly, i mean on that, if something triggers it and is still moving at the end of the event period, it just keeps recording.....)

I have a A129 duo and thought that 1.9 was latest. Above states they have 2.3 beta, why the big jump in betas and not released final v2, v2.1 etc first?

Why jump so far ahead on betas and not release a final version that must have been testing?

Latest version is V2.3.
Unfortunately it seems to have a big bug. After a few hours in parking mode (buffered PM with Autoevent detection), the camera simply stops recording. This morning when I checked, the dashcam was still turned ON and the Cellink Neo still had about 26% battery left. I turned the camera off, without checking the screen, because I wanted to check the SD card on my PC. I realized that the last recorded clips were from yesterday around 18:00. There was still about 48 GB of free space on the SD card.
@viofo - you might want to check that before releasing the stable FW. This is a huge issue, much worse than random beeps.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it seems to have a big bug. After a few hours in parking mode, the camera simply stops recording. This morning when I checked, the dashcam was still turnerd ON and the Cellink Neo still had about 26% battery left. I turned the camera off, without checking the screen, because I wanted to check the SD card on my PC. I realized that the latest recorded clips were from yesterday around 18:00. There was still about 48 GB of free space on the SD card.
@viofo - you might want to check that before releasing the stable FW. This is a huge issue, much worse than random beeps.

Thats occurs with my camera to..but not only on 1.23 on previous versions i get the same bug...

Unfortunately it seems to have a big bug. After a few hours in parking mode (buffered PM with Autoevent detection), the camera simply stops recording. This morning when I checked, the dashcam was still turned ON and the Cellink Neo still had about 26% battery left. I turned the camera off, without checking the screen, because I wanted to check the SD card on my PC. I realized that the last recorded clips were from yesterday around 18:00. There was still about 48 GB of free space on the SD card.
Same issue for yesterday... Cellink reported around 8 hours left, but the dashcam only recorded for half an hour after I parked.
@viofo - is there anything I can help with? Any secret mode to enable verbose logging that might help you identify the problem? Just a reminder, I am using beta 2.3 firmware that you last mentioned.

Same issue for yesterday... Cellink reported around 8 hours left, but the dashcam only recorded for half an hour after I parked.
@viofo - is there anything I can help with? Any secret mode to enable verbose logging that might help you identify the problem? Just a reminder, I am using beta 2.3 firmware that you last mentioned.
I take it you have not use the new setting and set the new Parking mode timer to 30 mins?

Back