New Beta Firmware V2.2 for A129 Duo

I take it you have not use the new setting and set the new Parking mode timer to 30 mins?
In the 2.3 firmware the only choices are 12 & 24 hours.

I take it you have not use the new setting and set the new Parking mode timer to 30 mins?
Never used/saw that option and the time until recording stops is random.

while waiting for U1000 to arrive I tested V2.3 firmware and found it less responsive than v1.9. Pausing recording takes longer and also to get to main menu. I had emergency recording go off when i started driving had to restart camera. also had constant beeping when car was in park mode and didnt stop beeping. decided to roll back to v1.9 for time being.

Another problem with v2.3, when the device is given Acc power and starts up, wi-fi is turned off (it was definitely enabled when it previously shut down) and after manually starting it the password had been reset to the default.

Another problem with v2.3, when the device is given Acc power and starts up, wi-fi is turned off (it was definitely enabled when it previously shut down) and after manually starting it the password had been reset to the default.
Seems like a good thing to me. You only want it on when you need it. Turning it on decreases video quality significantly.

How much longer do we need to wait for V2.xx firmware to be released? Getting ridiculous that the firmware update is taking longer than the life cycle of the camera!

Does seem strange. With all the similar reports it wouldn’t be that hard to reproduce the problems and a reproducible problem stands a good chance of being fixed.

To me it looks like they are concentrating on other things, maybe new models of cams? Rather than appeasing their customers.

Seems like a good thing to me. You only want it on when you need it. Turning it on decreases video quality significantly.
I'm not sure I believe that and I don't want to be farting around with the device before I connect the app and view/download videos.

I'm not sure I believe that and I don't want to be farting around with the device before I connect the app and view/download videos.
Well documented elsewhere in this forum leaving wifi on all the time is a bad idea. I think you just press and hold the middle button to turn wifi on.

Well documented elsewhere in this forum leaving wifi on all the time is a bad idea. I think you just press and hold the middle button to turn wifi on.
Right hand button, and yes, there is a substantial drop in bitrate while it is on. Also generates extra heat which is unwanted.

while waiting for U1000 to arrive I tested V2.3 firmware and found it less responsive than v1.9. Pausing recording takes longer and also to get to main menu. I had emergency recording go off when i started driving had to restart camera. also had constant beeping when car was in park mode and didnt stop beeping. decided to roll back to v1.9 for time being.
[/QUOT

So does it look promising anyone? Has it been worth the wait!!

It seems the parking mode is fixed. Left it running on my desk and minor movements make it lock the recording.

+1

It seems the parking mode is fixed. Left it running on my desk and minor movements make it lock the recording.
What are your settings, because it doesn't appear to be working for me?

I need to go back to v 1.9. any link to the correct boot loader?

Back