New DVR207 from eBay seller estore009? 1440x1080?

Fraden said:
Here is a clip from Sweden.
My wife was driving, and there was a bike how pass by her, but on the wrong side :D
Knuckleheads like that are why I wanted a camera. I tracked my camera shipment this morning, and it's in the land of Elvis now. I expect to have it in the next few days.

Fraden said:
My wife was driving, and there was a bike how pass by her, but on the wrong side :D
(don't forget to change to HD).

There is also a strange noise from our two DVR207 that you can here in the video.
Its like something vibrates.

That looked like a pretty safe move if you consider the view he had so far ahead.

As far as that noise you might have to do some debugging starting with turning off the radio and making sure your windows are rolled up. You could try turning down the mic input if you can and see if that vibrations lowers in volume.

Fraden said:
There is also a strange noise from our two DVR207 that you can here in the video.
Its like something vibrates.
Hey, that's exactly like I described here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=714.

Last edited by a moderator:
The vibration is more than likely one of two things.

Firstly, the little side covers which cover the SD card and HDMI are quite loose and can rattle when going over rough surfaces on the road.

Secondly, the internal microphone and speaker are not on the main PCB but are mounted in the casing. They should be held in with hot glue or adhesive but sometimes they can work loose and rattle around inside.

The fix is pretty simple, just tape up the side covers and open the casing and secure the microphone and speaker.

Cheers :) Mario

ratscabies said:
Fraden said:
Knuckleheads like that are why I wanted a camera. I tracked my camera shipment this morning, and it's in the land of Elvis now. I expect to have it in the next few days.

Got the camera. It astounds me that I can buy something straight from Shenzen and have it in 5 days. It was worth the extra few bucks!
Anyhow, got it setup, and I will have to throw it in the car for my drive to work and see how it does. I have a 32gb class 10 GSkill microSD in an adapter, so hopefully that won't be an issue. I forgot that these used full sized SD cards.

OK, recorded trip into work. Video was nice and smooth, and went from file to file with hardly any gap. Quality of video is pretty noisy though, but may be due to rainy and dark conditions. Can only read plates when I am directly behind someone at a stoplight.

mariomart said:
The vibration is more than likely one of two things.

Firstly, the little side covers which cover the SD card and HDMI are quite loose and can rattle when going over rough surfaces on the road.

Secondly, the internal microphone and speaker are not on the main PCB but are mounted in the casing. They should be held in with hot glue or adhesive but sometimes they can work loose and rattle around inside.

The fix is pretty simple, just tape up the side covers and open the casing and secure the microphone and speaker.

Cheers :) Mario

Good suggestion, but only if one lives near the poles. Most hot glues will soften when exposed to temps encountered inside vehicles. A nice silicone based adhesive would by my choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered mine 07/30/13 and received it today 08/16/13 as seller said while checkout, but seems it very bad video recording quality, even "1080" quality sux, at evening time, between 6 and 8pm everything is black, I can't see anything, videos are "pixelated" but does what it suppose to do, recording video.
Size is a little bit bulky, well, bad that it useless during evening time, but overall not bad for that price, I might go with more expensive dvr in future

1440x1080 pretty much useless, same quality as lower res. Can't read licence plates, until you stay behind that car, I don't know how suppose to use G sensor recording, if it loading almost 10 secs with that useless hello message....

KYRGYZ said:
Ordered mine 07/30/13 and received it today 08/16/13 as seller said while checkout, but seems it very bad video recording quality, even "1080" quality sux, at evening time, between 6 and 8pm everything is black, I can't see anything, videos are "pixelated" but does what it suppose to do, recording video.
Size is a little bit bulky, well, bad that it useless during evening time, but overall not bad for that price, I might go with more expensive dvr in future

1440x1080 pretty much useless, same quality as lower res. Can't read licence plates, until you stay behind that car, I don't know how suppose to use G sensor recording, if it loading almost 10 secs with that useless hello message....

You get what you pay for. Mine is on a shelf where it will most likely sit for some time.

KYRGYZ said:

I think the 1080 is interpolated (upscaled) if I'm not mistaken.

Al Drake said:
You get what you pay for. Mine is on a shelf where it will most likely sit for some time.

Why let it sit?

I tried one of these a few months ago. It was too expensive to return to China so I sold it on eBay 7 days later. (mostly broke even)

I was not even remotely satisfied with the video/exposure quality.

I'm now waiting for the perfect stealthy sized 1080p Camera that has GPS/speed logging, smooth Auto Exposure Correction, and above average dim light recordings. ($80-$180 range)

JazJon said:
Al Drake said:

Why let it sit?

I tried one of these a few months ago. It was too expensive to return to China so I sold it on eBay 7 days later. (mostly broke even)

I was not even remotely satisfied with the video/exposure quality.

I'm now waiting for the perfect stealthy sized 1080p Camera that has GPS/speed logging, smooth Auto Exposure Correction, and above average dim light recordings. ($80-$180 range)

I have so many devices sitting around I could start my own selling site. I could call it AlBay.

Back