New Firmware for 808 #18 DR32

Northernlanes said:
Does the Patriot firmware have an option to invert the image, and does it work?

Looked through the menus and didn't see that option.

I heard back from powerdigital898. He wants me to send the camera back for a replacement, but I hate to pay to send it when all we need is a good firmware update and we can fix it ourselves. Obviously the Patriot firmware is a FULL firmware upgrade and brings the camera back to a working state. We just need the same thing for the DR32. I have asked if I can get the stock firmware. At least that will bring it back to a standard DR32. I'll let you know what he says.

I also heard back from powerdigital. They sent me the same firmware that is floating around on here. I installed it just to make sure and it did indeed corrupt the menus. I'm back to the Patriot Firmware with the audio issues.

Also, I did hear back from Hetai Digital:

--------------------------------
Dear,

thank you for your e-mail.

Dear,pls try to upgrade the camera by the FW.

or pls try to put forth your strength to press all the buttons ?

thank you
-------------------------------

So....if anybody's still having issues, try putting forth your strength to press the buttons. :)

megapixle said:
I also heard back from powerdigital. They sent me the same firmware that is floating around on here. I installed it just to make sure and it did indeed corrupt the menus. I'm back to the Patriot Firmware with the audio issues.

Also, I did hear back from Hetai Digital:

--------------------------------
Dear,

thank you for your e-mail.

Dear,pls try to upgrade the camera by the FW.

or pls try to put forth your strength to press all the buttons ?

thank you
-------------------------------

So....if anybody's still having issues, try putting forth your strength to press the buttons. :)
:D :D :D :D :D :D

I love this strange idea that some sellers have about not refunding postage when you send back their faulty goods.
I recently bought an f70 cam - £35 inc shipping.
It's faulty.
It's only the dvr, but the seller insists I send everything back - cost me £10.
so, when they ship my new one out, it'll have cost me £45

UK laws say a customer should not be out of pocket - I can't believe other countries feel that buyers should be made to pay for seller's faulty items!

Does anyone else have the '180 degree image flip' option for their DR32 as shown in the picture taken from Hinter's website ? And where can the firmware be downloaded from ?

DR32%20flip.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ofmg4ayw5zuz ... 20flip.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
In response to my query about flipping the DR32's video 180 degrees in camera ...

"Dear,
thank you for your e-mail.i know what's your meaning.dear, from middle of May ,the DR32 camera all have this function,as we do this function on the new camera before shipping.and for the precious cameras, have no this Video flip 180 degrees’ function.and also cann't be upgraded with the FW.
thank you"

contacted the sellers of the DR32, turns out there's now 2 versions of the DR32, ones 'with' and ones 'without' the video flip option

All the DR32's we have received (from about 3 weeks ago) have this "Video Flip 180 Degrees option" in the menu. We've tested a number of the units and shipped out at least 50 so far and have seen no issues with the audio. So maybe this has been resolved with the newer (flip video) version? All in all, with everything working properly, this is an excellent device for the money in my opinion.

Northernlanes said:
In response to my query about flipping the DR32's video 180 degrees in camera ...

"Dear,
thank you for your e-mail.i know what's your meaning.dear, from middle of May ,the DR32 camera all have this function,as we do this function on the new camera before shipping.and for the precious cameras, have no this Video flip 180 degrees’ function.and also cann't be upgraded with the FW.
thank you"

contacted the sellers of the DR32, turns out there's now 2 versions of the DR32, ones 'with' and ones 'without' the video flip option

Well that sucks, I bought just before the middle of May and now apparently have a forever-crippled camera. I personally don't care about the flip, I just need the audio issue fixed.

megapixle said:
Northernlanes said:

"Dear,
thank you"

Well that sucks, I bought just before the middle of May and now apparently have a forever-crippled camera. I personally don't care about the flip, I just need the audio issue fixed.
Have to agree, they have sent out a batch of crap cameras. IMO, they should recall the crap ones & give us what we paid for.
And before anyone starts, the advert included a clip where the video AND audio were perfect, not to mention Techmoan's camera also had the same perfect audio.
So, inbetween making the perfect ones, they make a batch of dud cams & then expect us to be happy with a firmware update - a half-fix.

sludgeguts said:
So, inbetween making the perfect ones, they make a batch of dud cams & then expect us to be happy with a firmware update - a half-fix.

And the firmware update further crippled my camera by corrupting the menu system.

megapixle said:
sludgeguts said:

And the firmware update further crippled my camera by corrupting the menu system.

WTF? :shock:

sludgeguts said:
megapixle said:
sludgeguts said:

WTF? :shock:

He used the wrong update.

Oh, I see. That's different then.
may I retract my smilies?

I had the corrupt menu system as well with the CORRECT firmware posted in this thread. The only thing that fixed it was to use the Patriot firmware. It does work fine, but the audio issue is there. It looks like the audio issue is half hardware (crappy microphone part) and half firmware (sensitivity gain set too high). I am making modifications to my broken unit to test a few different carbon microphones. It's borked anyhow. powerdigital898 did offer for me to send it back to them to fix and they would pay for shipping, but it's a big hassle and I like to tweak anyhow.

powerdigital898 also wanted me to try to flash my other unit that I got at the same time, but I'm not wrecking 2 of them just to be a guinea pig for their R&D department. If they would just give us the original firmware (the full version, not just the update), then this would all go away.

So, before you start saying we used the wrong firmware, perhaps you should read my post earlier in the thread which outlines the issue step-by-step:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1109&start=120#p15510

Thanks,

Segstro

Last edited by a moderator:
megapixle said:
NoAIm said:
He used the wrong update.

Excuse me? Which update should I have used? There is only one.

So since the original ones were shipped, there's been a firmware change. The original file was for an upgrade from the OLDER firmware, but it's only an upgrade, not the full set. So a patch was applied to the wrong base and thus the result is also wrong.

It's unfortunate they didn't mention that when they shipped the unit. Transparency with consumers goes a long way. Not sure I will be purchasing from powerdigital898 again as they seem to just randomly ship different units with no way for the end consumer to tell which one they have!

segstro said:
It's unfortunate they didn't mention that when they shipped the unit. Transparency with consumers goes a long way. Not sure I will be purchasing from powerdigital898 again as they seem to just randomly ship different units with no way for the end consumer to tell which one they have!

Just wish we could get SOMEBODY to give us the entire firmware, I've contacted everybody I can think of and mostly can't even get a coherent, legible response much less the firmware.

Back