New Firmware V 1.6 available

check the serial number of the camera, if it's a V2 it has V2 in the serial number
I have come across at least one V2 camera (in my latest shipment from Viofo) that did not have V2 in the serial number.

check the serial number of the camera, if it's a V2 it has V2 in the serial number

I purchased two A119S dash cams with the GPS mount (about a week to 1.5 weeks apart). One has the V2 in the serial number and the other does not. Both are encountering the issue of the power chime alerting while driving. This didn't start until after updating to the 1.6 firmare. I have tried re-formatting the card and reinstalling the firmware. I have three cards and occurs with all three (Transcent high endurance 32 GB).

Next thing I will try is plugging the power directly into the camera and not into the GPS mount as suggested earlier in this thread. Looks like I quality to have the V1 swapped out for a V2. Will also get the ball rolling on that. Thank you for the help so far.

Did you reset the setting back to factory default after upgrading? Did you format the card in-cam after upgrading? Yes by-passing GPS mount would be another good troubleshooting step.

I purchased two A119S dash cams with the GPS mount (about a week to 1.5 weeks apart). One has the V2 in the serial number and the other does not. Both are encountering the issue of the power chime alerting while driving. This didn't start until after updating to the 1.6 firmare. I have tried re-formatting the card and reinstalling the firmware. I have three cards and occurs with all three (Transcent high endurance 32 GB).

Next thing I will try is plugging the power directly into the camera and not into the GPS mount as suggested earlier in this thread. Looks like I quality to have the V1 swapped out for a V2. Will also get the ball rolling on that. Thank you for the help so far.

where were the cards purchased from?

have you checked the cards with h2testw?

you can also check the card serial numbers on the Transcend website https://www.transcend-info.com/support/verification

Possible your A119 car adapter is at fault as well. They don't fit well in certain cars 12V ports. Rare, but a known issue with the supplied adapter. It has caused screen flicker and restarts for some users in the past.

Did you reset the setting back to factory default after upgrading? Did you format the card in-cam after upgrading? Yes by-passing GPS mount would be another good troubleshooting step.

Yes, I set back to factory default settings after upgrading.
I formatted the card in-cam, via laptop before upgrade. Will try again after upgrading.

Yes, I set back to factory default settings after upgrading.
I formatted the card in-cam, via laptop before upgrade. Will try again after upgrading.

not clear if you mean you were using the cam as a card reader and formatted via Windows??? If so make sure to always format the cards in the camera, particularly after a firmware update

where were the cards purchased from?

have you checked the cards with h2testw?

you can also check the card serial numbers on the Transcend website https://www.transcend-info.com/support/verification

I purchased the cams via Amazon (shipped from OCD Tronic).
I did see some discussions about verifying the cards a truly what the seller says they are and not counterfeits. Will check them out with h2testw and/or with the serial numbers in the URL you provided. Thank you.

not clear if you mean you were using the cam as a card reader and formatted via Windows??? If so make sure to always format the cards in the camera, particularly after a firmware update

Sorry about that. I used Windows to re-format. Will re-format again while inserted into the camera, after updating the firmware.

I know last time I bought 64gb High Endurance cards I took all the stock Transcend had available at the time (we buy direct from Transcend Taiwan) and there was none available, Amazon direct had no stock at all yet a bunch of sellers popped up on Amazon offering the same cards at below market prices, it's not possible they even had stock let alone being below cost, unfortunately there are scammers that prey on those types of situations so always pays to double check the cards, lots of fakes out there, it happens

Sorry about that. I used Windows to re-format. Will re-format again while inserted into the camera, after updating the firmware.

very common mistake and easy enough to think it's the same, Windows does not follow the SD association protocol when formatting cards though and it can make a difference, anytime you need to format in Windows, say you need to do a full reset of the card or similar always use this https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

If you have a V1 and use the gps mount, plug power cord into the side of the camera bypassing mount pass through power. GPS will still function this way. If you bought your V1 from OCD Tronic we will swap your V1 for a V2 just contact us.

If you have a V2 already you could have a bad memory card.

To contact OCD Tronic in regards to swapping a V1 for V2, should that be done through the "Contact Seller" feature in Amazon, or other method?

Thank you.

To contact OCD Tronic in regards to swapping a V1 for V2, should that be done through the "Contact Seller" feature in Amazon, or other method?

Thank you.

That works or send me a private message here

Hello,

Yesterday evening I did the big mistake of upgrading my 119S firmware from 1.4 to 1.6.
Besides the fact I had to reprogram all settings:
  • Screen saver does not work anymore, screen is reactivated immediately at the end of a recording, at the start of MD and oddly the screen saver activates sometimes during a recording, sometimes during idle mode.
    • Is Viofo doing proper quality testing before releasing firmware? It looks like nobody tried the screen saver with motion detect on.
  • REC button is flashing permanently when there is no recording (in MD mode), and is still when there is motion detect
  • The unit becomes very hot, due to heavier CPU processing compared to 1.4, this morning my car smelled hot plastic, coming from the 119S (dashcam is always on)
All that is very annoying, especially the unit becoming very hot.
Can Viofo put back firmware 1.4 on the Viofo web site or give a link? I really need it until you fix those ugly defects.
And yes, Viofo should review its testing procedure, they have a real problem here.

Thank you!

John

Back