New Firmware V 1.6 available

is it recommended to stick with old firmware if we don't have issues? or are newer ones better?

IQ improvements are always nice but not at the cost of stability :)

I would update as the effort is around increased stability with this build.

Just bought two of these cameras from OCD TRONIC (got them today!), and had the same issue when trying to update to 1.6 firmware. Camera showed v 1.4 after update. This only happens when I download from the FWA119S.bin file link on the Viofo website. (http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000047224-viofo-a119s-car-dash-camera-firmware). If I download the .zip file and upgrade, I get version 1.6. Seems to me the download link to the .bin file is actually 1.4, not 1.6. The bin file in the zip archive is also slightly larger in size.

One of the cameras refused to boot up in Mass Storage mode when connected to my PC, but that also got fixed after upgrading to v 1.6 :)

- John

The bug is, the camera can randomly freeze at startup over a period of time. I'd update for sure. You won't know you had an issue until it's too late so go ahead and update.

I'm a newbie to dashcams (OCD Tronic customer through Amazon) and I need help updating the firmware. I went to Viofo's website and copied the 1.6 file and pasted it on the "root" of my card. This was done while the card was in the dashcam and the dashcam was connected via the usb cord. On the "root" of the card there was the DCIM file and the 1.6 file was pasted next to it.

I put quotes on root because I'm guessing that means the very beginning of the card where the DCIM file is located. If I'm wrong please let me know.

I then disconnected camera and reconnected to laptop. Dashcam did red light flashdance and stopped. I installed it in my truck and turned on the truck. The dashcam did the redlight flashdance again and then it started recording. It took a longer time than before to start recording. Turned off the vehicle and restarted and the same thing happened.

Version still showed 1.4 but now was having the problem of the red light flashing at the beginning.

I took the card out and deleted all the files through my computer. I put the card back in the cam and formatted and now I'm back to normal on version 1.4.

I suggested to Viofo that a step-by-step process of the installation via photos or video would be a good help. I couldn't find any on youtube.

Any one have thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong?

What card are you using? Try a 32GB card. Don't power the camera via laptop during the update. Use your cell phone USB wall charger or do it in the car.

Using samsung evo 64gb. I did use the short usb cable that came with the dashcam because I don't have a similar phone cable. I will try it through a card reader and update this thread.

How would I update this while cam is in my car?

Plug the short USB cable into the USB port of your cellphone wall charger assuming you have a two piece charger. (IPhone is)

For the car you power it like you normally would. Just have the firmware file on the freshly formatted empty card. Formatted via camera only never computer.

If it still doesn't work you have a corrupted download. Use a different web browser to download the firmware. That was the fix for a Mac user a few days ago. Same exact flash dance no update symptom.

I don't have the freezing screen or XXXX issues. Can I leave my firmware 1.2 alone?

I'm a newbie to dashcams (OCD Tronic customer through Amazon) and I need help updating the firmware. I went to Viofo's website and copied the 1.6 file and pasted it on the "root" of my card. This was done while the card was in the dashcam and the dashcam was connected via the usb cord. On the "root" of the card there was the DCIM file and the 1.6 file was pasted next to it.

I put quotes on root because I'm guessing that means the very beginning of the card where the DCIM file is located. If I'm wrong please let me know.

I then disconnected camera and reconnected to laptop. Dashcam did red light flashdance and stopped. I installed it in my truck and turned on the truck. The dashcam did the redlight flashdance again and then it started recording. It took a longer time than before to start recording. Turned off the vehicle and restarted and the same thing happened.

Version still showed 1.4 but now was having the problem of the red light flashing at the beginning.

I took the card out and deleted all the files through my computer. I put the card back in the cam and formatted and now I'm back to normal on version 1.4.

I suggested to Viofo that a step-by-step process of the installation via photos or video would be a good help. I couldn't find any on youtube.

Any one have thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong?

Also try looking for the firmware in a zip file as I seem to recall another member having the same issue with the bin file.

I don't have the freezing screen or XXXX issues. Can I leave my firmware 1.2 alone?

The freeze is random and doesn't happen right away. If you don't update you risk the freeze happening in the future when you least expect it.

Still working on image quality improvement, and other features, can be released on June.
After update firmware to 1.6, my a119s stop freezing on VIOFO startup logo but now it randomly keep restarting when I was driving. Is there any one can help me? I've tried use different micro sd card and restore it to default settings. It's still keep restarting.

After update firmware to 1.6, my a119s stop freezing on VIOFO startup logo but now it randomly keep restarting when I was driving. Is there any one can help me? I've tried use different micro sd card and restore it to default settings. It's still keep restarting.

If you have a V1 and use the gps mount, plug power cord into the side of the camera bypassing mount pass through power. GPS will still function this way. If you bought your V1 from OCD Tronic we will swap your V1 for a V2 just contact us.

If you have a V2 already you could have a bad memory card.

If you have a V1 and use the gps mount, plug power cord into the side of the camera bypassing mount pass through power. GPS will still function this way. If you bought your V1 from OCD Tronic we will swap your V1 for a V2 just contact us.

Thank you for your reply. I have the v1 with gps mount. I will try to replug the power cord as your advice. Unfortunately, I purchased from FoxOffer.

The XXX problem still occurs, also with 1.6
Please fix!
I'm very disappointed by the bad quality, it's not possible to rely on the dashcam

The XXX problem still occurs, also with 1.6
Please fix!
I'm very disappointed by the bad quality, it's not possible to rely on the dashcam

If you have a V1 you need to plug power into the side of the camera. The pass through power connection of the V1 GPS mount can still cause corruption.

It's a V2 camera

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

How do you determine if you have V1, or V2?

Thank you.

Back