New Firmware (v1.2)

why would Vi\ofo do such a thing I thought engineers think stuff out carefully before releasing stuff to the public. no button for power on and off and wake-up... its like a car without a steering wheel. lol
Long press the menu button can power on / off the camera. No necessary to make a separate button.

Yes, that's right. This is what I do everyday.

We will support upgrade on APP via Wi-Fi soon.

Speaking about the App, I noticed on some of the entry fields while in settings it just brings up a keyboard with numbers instead of a regular keyboard (ie on the License plate entry)
This is on the Android version. Kinda makes it hard to enter something that is not numbers :)

Anyone else getting a security privacy error when they try to access the firmware section of the Viofo website? Not sure if it's a problem with my computer of the website.

Anyone else getting a security privacy error when they try to access the firmware section of the Viofo website? Not sure if it's a problem with my computer of the website.
I get it too... this it was it says when you try to get into firmware on Viofo website.... who knows why? it it safe? It appears they took away the HTTPS safe website and didn't do their certificate... does Viofo know what they are doing? don't they test their web site to make sure all is ok when they put up a new firmware so we don't get this non- https this is a risk error message. somethingit wrong @viofo @VIOFO_Support
1533223580761.png1533224016353.png

Last edited:
now that im ready to download the firmware update I cant because the viofo website is giving me this security error. what could be wrong that some get the security error and some don't? I tried 3 different computers, Mac and PC's none work... why Viofo? @viofo @VIOFO_Support

now that im ready to download the firmware update I cant because the viofo website is giving me this security error. what could be wrong that some get the security error and some don't? I tried 3 different computers, Mac and PC's none work... why Viofo? @viofo @VIOFO_Support
I got v1.2 from CYA's website. I can access it without the security message.

The website hasn't been giving my that message this evening but it has the past few days.

I got the warning, I just clicked through and downloaded it. Installed in camera and all good.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Issue seems to be resolved, no warning screen now, it goes straight to the firmware download page.

Interestingly enough, the cert is issued to help.pbskids.com...

Attachments

• VIOFO Cert.jpg
    VIOFO Cert.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 27
One thing I did notice tonight is now there is no beep, if the memory card fails or you forget to put it back in you do not get an audio cue that it has failed. The LED indicator blinks rapidly which is good at night time but during the day I can't see the LED in bright sunlight.

Not a game breaker but something to note.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Interestingly enough, the cert is issued to help.pbskids.com...

Actually its issued to all of these:
DNS Name=help.pbskids.org
DNS Name=support.weboffice.one
DNS Name=support.mykapp.io
DNS Name=support.sunmarhealthcare.com
DNS Name=support.monexpay.com
DNS Name=support.viofo.com
DNS Name=support.fitvia.com
DNS Name=support.blox.technology
DNS Name=support.hrt.website

Probably hosted on a shared server..

Actually its issued to all of these:
DNS Name=help.pbskids.org
DNS Name=support.weboffice.one
DNS Name=support.mykapp.io
DNS Name=support.sunmarhealthcare.com
DNS Name=support.monexpay.com
DNS Name=support.viofo.com
DNS Name=support.fitvia.com
DNS Name=support.blox.technology
DNS Name=support.hrt.website

Probably hosted on a shared server..
For sure. No doubt a Multi-Domain (SAN) Certificate that is covering multiple clients.

The popularity of the Modified Firmware topic has filled the last 3 pages of main A129 Firmware thread and looks to cause further chaos.
This last post on the subject will remain with link to new MODs home:
A129 Modified Firmware MODs Archive = https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a129-modified-firmware-mods-archive.35826/

Big thank you to everyone that supports this work to improve our Dashcams and generate some excitement along the way, see you on the other side.
Kudos to Moderator for moving 3 more pages of posts. //EOF

@viofo
When WDR and Wi-Fi are turned on, the bitrate drops to 8/8 Mb / s, disables WDR, the bitrate is leveled to 16/16 Mbps.
Will there be a correction?

Also, why is it only capped at 16 Mbit? Even modded firmware can't make it higher.

Back