New G1W-C Blurry Recording

niveusluxlucis

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I just bought a new G1W-C from Foxoffer, and the recording quality seems really low compared to other users videos on here [UPDATE: Issue resolved, was an installation problem rather than a problem with the camera]. Sample (edited to remove my numberplate, but no noticeable drop in quality between the raw file and the youtube recording):

The camera came in packaging similar to the image below except with a different colour (orange) and brand on the sleeve of the main box, and no brand on the top left of the camera.

qwVYv3z.jpg

Is there something wrong with my camera, or could I possibly have a fake? I was under the impression foxoffer were a pretty reputable seller, and the video file is a 1080p 30fps MOV.

wemlfZp.png

Last edited:
lens and windshield is clean?

I just cleaned the lens on the camera and it seems to have improved the quality of the video a little. Should I be worried that the timestamp on my videos is on the opposite side to all the ones on the review page of the G1W (https://dashcamtalk.com/g1w/)?

Don't take this question the wrong way, but did you remove the small clear plastic lens protector? It's pretty small and easy to overlook.

Don't take this question the wrong way, but did you remove the small clear plastic lens protector? It's pretty small and easy to overlook.

I still say they should make those stickers in some bright opaque colors or print, "remove this protective sticker before use" on those things.

Cleaned my windscreen as well this morning and changed the exposure settings, I have a feeling I smudged right in front of the camera when I was installing it which was making everything blurry. Bit of a rookie error on my part, should have suspected my installation was the problem rather than the camera. Works brilliantly now.

I almost missed this the when I got the camera, they really should make it more noticeable.

Thanks all for your help.

@jokiin's right about avoiding typical Windex type glass cleaners on car windscreens. They'll leave a residue that will cloud up and fog after awhile.
Instead, use Invisible Glass. Best glass cleaner I've ever found, especially for automotive use. I was introduced to it by a local glass repair shop.

@jokiin's right about avoiding typical Windex type glass cleaners on car windscreens. They'll leave a residue that will cloud up and fog after awhile.
Instead, use Invisible Glass. Best glass cleaner I've ever found, especially for automotive use. I was introduced to it by a local glass repair shop.

+1 on Invisible Glass. Great product.

Back