New mini 0806 Charger?

RavenManiac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, mini 0806 (RIP)
I just read this from Rayman.Chan:

The cheap hardwire kit on market output a bad unstable voltage, there was a video posted by our DCT member, the voltage meter show the output voltage changes between 2V to 8V. That is a killer for cameras. camera only handle 4.5V to 6V input. It cost a lot to design the new charger for 0806, don't waste it. (5V 2.6A, microUSB + USB, copper cord, CE EMI & RoHs)
-------------------------------------------------------------
This is making me reconsider my power strategy for my dual mini 0806's. My question is what does the top of this charger look like? Does it have a USB port? Here's what I'm currently using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00E1UWA4O

Attachments

• 678.JPG
    678.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 1061.JPG
    1061.JPG
    377.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I saw that post as well, and replied asking about sources for his charger. Some other seller popped up promoting his stuff - but he doesn't sell one for the 0806, and when I pointed that out, he said to "try shopping around". That's the problem - most of the ones I've found have poor reviews. I have no confidence that a random USB charger will have any better regulation than a random microUSB charger, and I don't want my acceleration or deceleration to kill my camera because of voltage fluctuations.

Anyone have suggestions of a quality charger? I'd like one from Rayman, but it seems they only sell to distributors and the ones that come with the 0806.

I have just posted about a hardwire kit that is causing interference to my DAB radio.

So I have ordered a trailing cigarette lighter socket that I am connecting with an in-line fuse to the back of the factory fitted cigarette lighter and use the power lead supplied with the camera up to the camera.

I tried the lead plugged directly into the factory socket and got no interference on the radio so fingers crossed it does the trick when tucked away.

as long as the voltage output is correct, it shouldn't matter what you use. To my knowledge, we don't know anyone who sells the new car charger separately.

You could always buy one of those USB Charger Doctor doohickeys to test a charger. They may not be able to check for spikes, but will at least tell you how high the voltage goes when nothing is plugged in (ie no load.)

I bought this one. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161924349177

Back