New Momento M7

dr3wski

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all,
First post--I just had a Momento M7 installed yesterday and am wondering if anyone is familiar with this camera.
It seems to be doing a good job recording driving...installation was smooth.

Recording parking events is what I am curious about --
As of now, the only parking events that are tripping the camera is when I enter the vehicle to put up my sunshade (no, this does not interfere with the camera function).
As far as I know, this device is supposed to detect impact while parked AND motion while parked.....I'm trying to trip it this evening with some light rocking the vehicle up and down and walking around to both cameras and waving my arms at it.......but I don't seem to be getting anything.

I have disabled "eco mode" for parking (which supposedly reduces battery usage by 90%) and disabling this is required to capture motion.

Incidentally, the "manual" (pamphlet) that came with this device is a joke.

Thank you for any and all input!

You should be able to adjust the impact sensitivity on the camera if a parking event is capturing as you feel it should.

I had the shop swap it for an M6. The M7 they sold me was a trainwreck.

It would not record anyting while parked, irrespective of any settings we configured it with. It was likely defective. Also, I do not want another screen in my car full of screens.

well the screen turn off most often, you light even have a option to set this between 10 seconds and a few minutes.
A on screen that are not part of the car or a nav unit, might actually be illegal, well in some countries.
Here you can not have a screen running video or TV the driver can see.

Back