NEW Product out now! VICO-WF1, WIFI!!

Another memory card error last night, and in case anyone is curious the WF1 will only hold 15 Emergency Records (I haven't checked the folder in about two months) After then unlike the TF2 that will say it is full and then over write the oldest locked with a new locked the WF1 will not lock a new file. It will just voice prompt Emergency Record Full.

Also for anyone looking for a suction cup mount solution with a smaller footprint (The Vico one is a bit big) the G1W mount will fit the WF1
It held in place with no issue for the whole day i had to use it.

2qcng9u.png

Reactions: gse
I was a little disappointed to see that there is no Parking Mode in this firmware version - I thought I had seen an earlier leak that suggested there might be. Oh well, at least it appears that Vico might have addressed the issue with memory card errors (if that's what 'Improve compatibility issue of Micro SD card' means)? @CheckYourLights, I'd be interested in hearing if this version reduces the number of memory card errors you get.

@CheckYourLights, I'd be interested in hearing if this version reduces the number of memory card errors you get.

I keep meaning to update and test. I just got the Camaro CB/Head Unit wired up. will try to update and check out the WF1 tonight or this weekend.

I keep meaning to update and test. I just got the Camaro CB/Head Unit wired up. will try to update and check out the WF1 tonight or this weekend.
I've been procrastinating on updating too, only because my WF1 is working fine, and I'm a little leery of new firmwares given the experience with 6.6 for the TF2. Haven't seen any feedback on this one yet, maybe others are holding off too?

I've been procrastinating on updating too, only because my WF1 is working fine, and I'm a little leery of new firmwares given the experience with 6.6 for the TF2. Haven't seen any feedback on this one yet, maybe others are holding off too?

I am also holding off from upgrading to new FW. My Vico works fine with 3 different microsd cards, one of them is "non-name".
They say: "don't fix if it is not broken" ;)

I'm just lazy and haven't gotten around to it yet.
But I brought my camera in from the car today so I'll put the new firmware on the card and update before I drive home from work. It's close enough to 0 Celsius now where I'm comfortable leaving it the car full time.

Things have been running moderately smoothly here as well, but I still get the odd memory card error (I've had I think three of those in my three months with the camera) and about five temporary bricking episodes where the camera doesn't do anything and either has to be reset to factory or just wait 24-48 hours and it works again.

I'm just lazy and haven't gotten around to it yet.
But I brought my camera in from the car today so I'll put the new firmware on the card and update before I drive home from work. It's close enough to 0 Celsius now where I'm comfortable leaving it the car full time.

Things have been running moderately smoothly here as well, but I still get the odd memory card error (I've had I think three of those in my three months with the camera) and about five temporary bricking episodes where the camera doesn't do anything and either has to be reset to factory or just wait 24-48 hours and it works again.
Excellent, @tofurkey , we'll await your report then! ;) And your experience sounds similar to mine, except I haven't had any of those bricking episodes...

Update to V1.53 went smoothly. Took about 90 seconds or so. System prompt started with typical "system loading" notification, then longish pause, then the system rebooted on its own, and I connected to the WiFi and loaded the app as normal to get into the settings.
Had to reset some of the settings in the menu as they went back to default (night enhancement was set back to normal from high, voice volume was high instead of low, G sensor was turned off, etc.).
I went through all the menu screens and didn't notice anything different. There was nothing to do with the push app feature in the menu interface that I noticed. Maybe I'll take another look tomorrow, I might have missed it, or does the app also need updating (I'm using 1.1.7 which is the current version as far as I know)?

OK, just realized you need to download the Pushcam app for that feature to work. It auto downloads to your phone using a separate app from the Vicoviewer app.

I updated today as well. Everything seems okay camera side. I have not had any issues with the camera itself. Ran it for about two hours with no memory card issues.

However phone side was a bit of a nightmare. I am running VicoViewer 1.1.7 as well. a user here linked to a newer beta version when they linked to 1.53 early though. I think it is just my phone. I had been getting "Your WIFI connection is unstable" on my home WIFI and my WF1 WIFI. witch would cause the camera to drop and connect constantly.

I'm updating to the new Android OS KitKat as i type this. Will try to do some more testing this evening.

:EDIT:
Updated my GS4 to KitKat.
Still getting Your WiFi Connection is unstable even when I am sitting right next to my WF1. This time I was able to stay connected and set my settings and then disconnect myself.
I forgot I had a 12 volt power supply in the house. It's a bit cold tonight, but I am able to do some testing inside. I'm going to leave the LED on set to the dim glow/mute setting, and if an error happens over night the LED should flash fast in the morning so we will see what happens.

Last edited:
I updated today as well. Everything seems okay camera side. I have not had any issues with the camera itself. Ran it for about two hours with no memory card issues.

However phone side was a bit of a nightmare. I am running VicoViewer 1.1.7 as well. a user here linked to a newer beta version when they linked to 1.53 early though. I think it is just my phone. I had been getting "Your WIFI connection is unstable" on my home WIFI and my WF1 WIFI. witch would cause the camera to drop and connect constantly.

I'm updating to the new Android OS KitKat as i type this. Will try to do some more testing this evening.

:EDIT:
Updated my GS4 to KitKat.
Still getting Your WiFi Connection is unstable even when I am sitting right next to my WF1. This time I was able to stay connected and set my settings and then disconnect myself.
I forgot I had a 12 volt power supply in the house. It's a bit cold tonight, but I am able to do some testing inside. I'm going to leave the LED on set to the dim glow/mute setting, and if an error happens over night the LED should flash fast in the morning so we will see what happens.
That 'connection is unstable' message is a known issue with Android 4.3+ on the GS4 etc, @CheckYourLights (as a Google search will reveal) - I was getting it on my Note II as well, but seem to have solved it by going into WiFi - Settings - Advanced, and unchecking 'Scanning Always Available' and 'Auto Network Switch'. Think I might have reset my router as well, so I can't say definitively what the cure was - in any event, I don't think it's related to your WF1 or the latest firmware update.

Last edited:
Well I did some in house testing earlier. Today is my first real service day for the WF1 under the newest 1.53 firmware.

I'm still out so I have not checked how the files are on the card, but I have not had any error voice prompts or blinking light.

Also seems to be holding up well on the rearview mirror mount

Well I did some in house testing earlier. Today is my first real service day for the WF1 under the newest 1.53 firmware.

I'm still out so I have not checked how the files are on the card, but I have not had any error voice prompts or blinking light.

Also seems to be holding up well on the rearview mirror mount
Good to hear! :)

Anyone have a problem with the WF1 where the time stamp on the actual file is wrong (time stamp is fine on the video overlay)? I am having the problem every 10-20 files roughly where one is created where the time stamp is exactly the UTC time difference (in my case +10). Also the actual UTC time stamp is 20 hours out. So if I look at one example (file information grabbed from Powershell).

Code:
Get-Item .\MOV_1252.MP4  | Select Name, Extension, CreationTime, CreationTimeUtc, LastAccessTime, LastWriteTime, LastWriteTimeUtc

Name              : MOV_1252.MP4
Extension         : .MP4
CreationTime      : 5/04/2014 9:43:05 AM
CreationTimeUtc   : 4/04/2014 11:43:05 PM
LastAccessTime    : 6/04/2014 12:00:00 AM
LastAccessTimeUtc : 5/04/2014 2:00:00 PM
LastWriteTime     : 5/04/2014 9:43:04 AM
LastWriteTimeUtc  : 4/04/2014 11:43:04 PM

Get-Item .\MOV_1252.MP4  | Select Name, Extension, CreationTime, CreationTimeUtc, LastAccessTime, LastWriteTime, LastWriteTimeUtc

Name          : MOV_1253.MP4
CreationTime      : 4/04/2014 11:46:05 PM
CreationTimeUtc   : 4/04/2014 1:46:05 PM
LastWriteTime     : 4/04/2014 11:46:04 PM
LastWriteTimeUtc  : 4/04/2014 1:46:04 PM

Get-Item .\MOV_1254.MP4  | Select Name, Extension, CreationTime, CreationTimeUtc, LastAccessTime, LastWriteTime, LastWriteTimeUtc

Name              : MOV_1254.MP4
CreationTime      : 5/04/2014 9:49:05 AM
CreationTimeUtc   : 4/04/2014 11:49:05 PM
LastWriteTime     : 5/04/2014 9:49:04 AM
LastWriteTimeUtc  : 4/04/2014 11:49:04 PM

As you can see, MOV_1252.MP4 and MOV_1254.MP4 have created with the correct time stamp but MOV_1253.MP4 has created the file and time stamped it exactly 10 hours behind the other 2. Nothing that can't be worked around but just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same. SD card is a Samsung 16GB C10. I'm running the 1.51 FW, I haven't updated to 1.53 because a few people have said they've had some problems so have been holding off.

Back