New SG9665GC has arrived, Thank you Niko

dave798

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
K1s , Mobius , SG9665GC
hi guys just wanted to say thanks to Niko for a very swift delivery of my new camera which I received today complete with CPL filter. Thanks very much mate have flipped the GPS as this cable will be too short for a dash mount and look forward to fitting the camera this weekend when I get a bit of time, please be pre-warned of the many questions I will be asking concerning the operation of this tiny unit ;0) lol

hi guys just wanted to say thanks to Niko for a very swift delivery of my new camera which I received today complete with CPL filter. Thanks very much mate have flipped the GPS as this cable will be too short for a dash mount and look forward to fitting the camera this weekend when I get a bit of time, please be pre-warned of the many questions I will be asking concerning the operation of this tiny unit ;0) lol

I am glad your unit arrived within 2 working days after dispatch as expected.
There is a short GPS antenna extension cable added in the box. It should do the job for most regular cars. If this is not enough ( for the future ) let me know, I have in stock and ready to dispatch next day longer extension cables for GPS antenna. But as you already flipped GPS module, then of course your wont need an extension now any more.

For sure if you have any questions - feel free to e-mail me. I am going to look after you.

Last edited:
Hi Niko,

When I first saw the short GPS extension cable in the box I had no idea what it was for, especially because for me the GPS cable is a bit too long and I had to hide some of it. Anyway, I eventually figured it out.

The short extension appears to be a standard 3.5mm male to female stereo audio cable. Is that correct? If so, just in theory, how long an extension cable might work and still provide good GPS performance?

The short extension appears to be a standard 3.5mm male to female stereo audio cable. Is that correct? If so, just in theory, how long an extension cable might work and still provide good GPS performance?

it's dual purpose, can be used for GPS or AV out, for AV out in particular we found that the cable and plugs are generally too big so the extension is to get the fat part of the cable away from the camera for easier installation

for GPS we've tested extensions up to about 10' with no issue, don't think that long is needed though

Hi Niko,

When I first saw the short GPS extension cable in the box I had no idea what it was for, especially because for me the GPS cable is a bit too long and I had to hide some of it. Anyway, I eventually figured it out.

Actually short extension cable has thinner plastic coating on the 3.5mm msle plug in order to take out "stress" from gps port in case you are using a cables cover.
Yes, it is standard audio stereo audio cable. I have tested + 1.5m extension.

it's dual purpose, can be used for GPS or AV out, for AV out in particular we found that the cable and plugs are generally too big so the extension is to get the fat part of the cable away from the camera for easier installation

for GPS we've tested extensions up to about 10' with no issue, don't think that long is needed though

Thanks Jokiin. Yeah, I've noticed that problem with plugs that are too big elsewhere too such as on my iPad where I once had to modify a case so that my headphones could be plugged in. In fact there is a whole new class of cables on the market sold as "designed for mobile" that use narrower plugs.

narrow.jpg

Actually short extension cable has thinner plastic coating on the 3.5mm msle plug in order to take out "stress" from gps port in case you are using a cables cover.
Yes, it is standard audio stereo audio cable. I have tested + 1.5m extension.

Thanks. I will go dig out the box and take a closer look at the cable.

Actually, now that I think about it, the other feature of the new mobile plug style is that they have a narrow extended cowling around the pin itself compared with the flat design of standard plugs.

wide.jpg

Back