New VIOFO A119 say Unknown Device when plugged into my windows computer

atomicrabbit

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119
I just got a brand new VIOFO A119 from amazon. I was playing around with it and hooked it up to my computer (Windows 10). The screen shows Mass Storage mode, but I got an error saying the "Device Descriptor Request Failed".

Steps so far:
  • checked Device manager -- says "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" with a yellow exclamation point icon.
  • Tried "Update Device Software". I got "The best driver software for your device is already installed"
  • Checked Event Viewer -- can't see anything pertinent.
  • Tried plugging it into a diff USB port -- no difference.
Are there any drivers for this? Or should windows have it built in. Anyone else experience this?

For Windows 10, normally there is no necessary to install any driver.
May I know what kind of memory card do you use? Have you used the card in other devices before?
Or sometimes restart the computer can solve it.

For Windows 10, normally there is no necessary to install any driver.
May I know what kind of memory card do you use? Have you used the card in other devices before?

The micros sd is a Lexar 633x 64GB. I will try rebooting my computer now to see if it helps.

use a card reader to access the files, it's a far better option
Yes using the card reader works fine.

Connecting the A119 directly to my computer still causes problems, even after a reboot. Windows says the device malfunctioned. I want to make sure there's nothing wrong with the unit.

Yes using the card reader works fine.

Connecting the A119 directly to my computer still causes problems, even after a reboot. Windows says the device malfunctioned. I want to make sure there's nothing wrong with the unit.
If you can try it on another computer, it is better to confirm if there is issue.

If you can try it on another computer, it is better to confirm if there is issue.
Tried it in the following:
  • samsung laptop running Windows 10 -- result: A119 screen shows Mass Storage on blue screen, Windows says USB device malfunctioned.
  • iMac 27" running El Captian -- result: A119 screen shows Mass Storage on blue screen, nothing happens on mac; no new drives appear on desktop

Back