New XenForo Forum Software, Growing Pains, (Good/Bad feedback)

Last edited by a moderator:
@DashCamMan
Tagging still doesn't result in an alert, is there still no fix available? Pretty useless atm :(

Yeah, finally :D
Thanks!

Nice new sub-forums and new groupings, looking good. I especially like that the old PowerUCC section is now Panorama.

I don't know if there's anew advertiser come on board but I keep getting thrown out of Tapatalk to various apps in the Apple App Store?

Speaking of Tapatalk, the new Tapatalk update that just came out is pretty terrible. (not very efficient UI to dig down to the sub forums) I really hate how tapatalk keeps forcing us back to the useless feed page per launch. I'll be in the middle of composing something, exit to lookup something, come back and it forces me back to the feeds page. When I finally navigate back to where I was, at least the draft is still there but still. This isn't anything that can be fixed from DCT side, but hopefully my 1 star review added to the 100's of others make the tapatalk developers wake up.

Last edited:
It may be just me, but the forum appears to be really slow since a few days.
slows0df9vp7m2.png

slow2q3madbico7.png

I don't know if there's anew advertiser come on board but I keep getting thrown out of Tapatalk to various apps in the Apple App Store?
There were huge discussions on the xf forums about Tapatalk last year due to their advertising changes, privacy changes and making money out of forum users. Not sure if the privacy terms on here mention that. Most admins removed it and it continues to go down hill. Kinda surprised it's still available here, being a technical forum and all, especially due to the work on the responsive mobile skin that makes the site fully usable without the need for Tapatalk

It may be just me, but the forum appears to be really slow since a few days.

I haven't noticed any speed declines. Just ran a speed test report and it seems fine at least from US servers. I will keep an eye on it though.

Speed.jpg

Now it's as fast as it used to be.Probably a problem with my connection (although the problem survived a few forced isp disconnects).

Is the forum still upgrading?

I'm getting PHP errors on my laptop but Tapatalk seems to be bypassing maintenance mode?

Back