New XenForo Forum Software, Growing Pains, (Good/Bad feedback)

Avatars should be fixed now...i replaced the standard Xenforo ones.

Forum is not upgrading...surprised about the PHP errors. Works fine from my end.

That's really weird - it errors on my Mac using Safari 8.0.5 but works fine from my PC.

Even going to the main www.dashcamtalk.com page and clicking forum gave me an error but it's currently hit and miss now.

If I click Recent Posts (https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/find-new/posts?recent=1) I get:

Code:
Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Template_Helper_Core' not found in /home/dc/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php on line 91
Recent posts seems to work fine from one of my Windows machines in Chrome but won't work in Safari and I get the message above.

I was getting another error but that seems to be hit and miss at the moment.

I'm currently resolving the site to 199.201.88.130

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like its not finding something that it expects to find in a file. May be worth running a file version check or re ftping.

Are you using full safari or a lite version?

Last edited:
There is a tool to check that all the files are in place and it indicates everything is ok. Are you still having that issue? I don't have iOS so I can't try to replicate.

To be honest I'm up at the other half's until Sunday now so only got PC access and it works perfectly from here :)

It was strange as I'd reset the browser cache and it still occurred, I'll give it another whirl Sunday night but from a PC on Chrome it's running as expected :)

The issue was OSX - not iOS - saying that give it time and they'll dumb down OSX until it's basically iOS :(

I'm unable to reproduce it on OS X 10.10.2 with safari 8.0.3
I can't find any reports on other XF sites either. I wonder if it might be an HTTPS issue?

Last edited:
You may be aware already, or tweaking something else that is ongoing but just in case you didn't notice the Country icon flags are missing the last day or so.

EDIT: (missing in Chrome, works for Firefox, I'll clear cache etc)

z3Fyi6c.png

Can't replicate the problem. Perhaps it was a one time thing?

Back