Newb Question, mini 0801 motion sensor

Crawford

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a question re e Prance mini and the motion detect setting. Given that the camera (I believe) will not shut down while connected to a power source, what does the motion detect do? I get what the g sensor is for (to lock file in event of accident I guess?) but can someone enlighten me. Apologies if being thick!

what does the motion detect do?

It's a "motion detector" in the sense that if there's movement in front of the camera lens then it'll start recording if it isn't already.

Maybe a more useful feature if the camera is being used as a security camera ?

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for response. If, as I've read in previous posts though, the cam will not switch off while connected to a power source, then I can't understand the point of the motion detector, unless the cam stops recording after a certain time though remaining switched on? Does it not just keep recording while connected to power? If not, when does it stop while connected to power?

It will stop and start recording based on what's happening in front of the CMOS sensor, its not entirely accurate though and you might find it stops recording at times when you think it should be recording

If, as I've read in previous posts though, the cam will not switch off while connected to a power source, then I can't understand the point of the motion detector, unless the cam stops recording after a certain time though remaining switched on? Does it not just keep recording while connected to power? If not, when does it stop while connected to power?

Indeed ... I have the 'Motion Detect' feature switched OFF for exactly the reasons you mention !

As far as I can make out ... it only makes sense to have 'Motion Detect' switched ON for those people who have their camera switched ON but who are not recording anything !!!

:D LOL LOL :D

Back